St Mirren v Livi

Unless I’m missing something here, I don’t see a thread for this game yet...

Big game for both clubs but surely a must win for the home team, that would be fair wouldn’t it ? 

If we go and win we close the gap on the teams above us and if we haven’t done already we secure safety with plenty to spare. 

This is a game that St Mirren will be targeting to win and after two very good points away to Aberdeen and Hearts confidence will certainly be up, but will pressure to win get in the way of that confidence I wonder ? 

Be very interesting to see how we line up, Holt got a bit of a headache after changing the formation and personal and getting such a good performance and result, BUT we have played 3,5,2 in the previous 2 games between the sides and won both. Your guess is as good as mine on line ups, Rickie Lamie is out that’s the only thing I know. 

Who’d have thought at the start of the season that both these clubs would be where they are ? Most would’ve had it the other way around, crazy. 

For anyone interested I’ve already posted my podcast on both the Livi and St Mirren threads and we preview this game with St Mirren fan Kyle Gunn. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say this game is a must not lose,  although we really need to start picking up some wins very soon. Of the team that last played Livi , only 4 from that line up are likely to start this game so its difficult to call on how its going to pan out. Hopefully with home advantage and our last couple of performances,  we will stand a good chance providing we turn up.

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

I'd say this game is a must not lose,  although we really need to start picking up some wins very soon. Of the team that last played Livi , only 4 from that line up are likely to start this game so its difficult to call on how its going to pan out. Hopefully with home advantage and our last couple of performances,  we will stand a good chance providing we turn up.

Not blown our horn here but we are a completely different proposition now with the new players . Just a shame Stubbs made a complete mess of it. Next AGM should be interesting a lot of questions need answerd.  One wonders how much money has been blown to the wind with 16 players out under Oran. Ok 10 in but some players let go were under contract did they receive a pay off. Saturday's game will not be easy but I would be surprised if we don't win. 

Absolutely nothing but respect for what Livi have achieved this season. And without doing mad wages or transfers. 

Lesson to everyone (especially clubs of our size) and, honestly, I don't think they've had enough credit for the achievement.

Every team right down to the bottom of the Championship has been shown up by what the Lions are doing here. But, mainly, we have been.

They've also owned us head-to-head since this time last year. Despite that, I think we can get a result here, but I think we'll need to score at least two to win.

Tricky one to call.

St. Mirren coming off the back of two good draws and us looking good in the last three games.

We generally aren’t clinical enough from open play however I think we have players who can cause problems; set pieces are an obvious strength. 

I think it will be a tight potentially attritional game.

Just now, Munoz said:

After Hamilton's result tonight,  I'd now say this game is a must win. 

Was just coming on to say the same thing, that result for Hamilton must be a real hammer blow to St Mirren and Dundee. 

A game no one expected them to get anything from. 

7 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Was just coming on to say the same thing, that result for Hamilton must be a real hammer blow to St Mirren and Dundee. 

A game no one expected them to get anything from. 

A boot in the baws no doubt,  but still plenty of points to play for. 

In saying that, I'd probably settle for the play offs right now. 

There's no doubt Saints are better than they have been at any time than we've been this season.

But we are still suspect at defending set pieces, and, well... we're playing Livvy.

I've a feeling we'll need to score 3 to win this, but we have been creating a lot more, and could/should have scored 3 away to Aberdeen, so don't think it's impossible.

Definitely a must win for Saints.

Holding onto some hope we can push Hibs for a top 6 spot, so we need to win this game or we def can forget it.

Brown did well coming on for Lamie and he put in some good deliveries from the wing, as did Odoffin when he played against Hearts, so they'd be an option if we revert back to our old 3-5-2 formation, going 4 at the back worked well last week though so not sure how Holt will set us up.

I'd like to see us go with Erskine and Hardie up front for this game, not keen on just having Erskine or Hardie as loan strikers to have an extra midfield player.

40 minutes ago, elvis said:

Hardie is 100% sure to score 1 or 2 . Has he ever failed to score against us. 

I scored in a night club nearly every time I went in one does that count ? Mind that was a long time ago. Are you actually not predicting we are not going to get beat after all your prediction in our last two games have been wrong. To be fair your quite often right. Don't see us losing this Oran has sorted out the mess. 

10 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I scored in a night club nearly every time I went in one does that count ? Mind that was a long time ago. Are you actually not predicting we are not going to get beat after all your prediction in our last two games have been wrong. To be fair your quite often right. Don't see us losing this Oran has sorted out the mess. 

I can see why you usually scored with patter like that.

Holding onto some hope we can push Hibs for a top 6 spot, so we need to win this game or we def can forget it.

Brown did well coming on for Lamie and he put in some good deliveries from the wing, as did Odoffin when he played against Hearts, so they'd be an option if we revert back to our old 3-5-2 formation, going 4 at the back worked well last week though so not sure how Holt will set us up.

I'd like to see us go with Erskine and Hardie up front for this game, not keen on just having Erskine or Hardie as loan strikers to have an extra midfield player.

It’s only Hardie that’s a loan striker. Erskine has signed.

8 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

There's no doubt Saints are better than they have been at any time than we've been this season.

But we are still suspect at defending set pieces, and, well... we're playing Livvy.

I've a feeling we'll need to score 3 to win this, but we have been creating a lot more, and could/should have scored 3 away to Aberdeen, so don't think it's impossible.

Definitely a must win for Saints.

Talking about scoring 3 :D We've one of the best defences in the league and a keeper that tops clean sheets for the entire league

Archived