Pars vs Queens

Alan Martin has stunk the place out from the minute he has signed with us tbh.  Slow, ponderous, immobile and glued to his line.  He is capable of some very good reaction saves if they are somewhere between waist and head height.  He is absolutely humped with anything that requires him getting down low, or reaching above his head though.

Last season I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to him stepping up to full time football and playing through injury a lot of the time, but this season he has become a complete liability.  His physical condition wouldn't be out of place in the Sunday amateurs.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We  have a keeper that will be available at the end of the season who you could have.

You may be familiar with him..

I doubt he'll be welcomed back as long as Naysmith is here,   although the way things are going results wise  and financialy,  part timers may be the what we will be looking for.  He'll be able to continue his main job in the circus as well. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We  have a keeper that will be available at the end of the season who you could have.

You may be familiar with him..

Just out of interest whats the story with him?

Guest Flash
5 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Alan Martin has stunk the place out from the minute he has signed with us tbh.  Slow, ponderous, immobile and glued to his line.  He is capable of some very good reaction saves if they are somewhere between waist and head height.  He is absolutely humped with anything that requires him getting down low, or reaching above his head though.

Last season I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to him stepping up to full time football and playing through injury a lot of the time, but this season he has become a complete liability.  His physical condition wouldn't be out of place in the Sunday amateurs.

This.

Also noticed Fordyce turning his back on the shot that led to the goal. Probably made no difference as he wasn’t in direct line with it, but have seen this before from him. Imo, 3 of that back 4 plus the keeper are League 1 level. 

Just now, sneeuq said:

First thing Crawford did was punt him and bring in Scully.

He said that he wanted a keeper that could train full time with the defence. Robinson doesn't train full time due to his other 'Modern Keeper' stuff.

Some folk went a wee bit mental about it but it now looks like it's paying off.

This.
Also noticed Fordyce turning his back on the shot that led to the goal. Probably made no difference as he wasn’t in direct line with it, but have seen this before from him. Imo, 3 of that back 4 plus the keeper are League 1 level. 

I think that’s a touch harsh. Mercer, Brownlie and Fordyce (I presume that’s who you mean) would be top performers in League 1. Their level is the bottom end of The Championship I think. None are on an upward trajectory though.

Maguire and Doyle would be my centre back pairing for the rest of the season.

Don’t think Wilson does much in midfield but run about like a headless chicken. I liked him at the back against Dundee Utd tho.  He could be a decent centre half as he has the height and is comfortable with the ball but his creativity in midfield is non existent. 

As for Martin and Fordyce, they are both too heavy imo. 

Guest Flash
9 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I think that’s a touch harsh. Mercer, Brownlie and Fordyce (I presume that’s who you mean) would be top performers in League 1. Their level is the bottom end of The Championship I think. None are on an upward trajectory though.

Maguire and Doyle would be my centre back pairing for the rest of the season.

Yeah, I meant a kind of Forfary/Raithy League 1 as opposed to a Stenny-y League 1. Always try to judge our players by thinking where they would go after us. Don’t think any of the full-time teams in the Championship would want any of those 3. Happy to be proved wrong because if we stay up, I wouldn’t mind seeing any of them playing for somebody else.

Doyle should definitely play CB. Double whammy when he doesn’t. We lose one of the best CBs we have and gain a rubbish winger.

The same thing that always happens with him, managers not wanting to put up with his shit, happened throughout his career, he occasionally finds someone like Johnston who will, but most don't.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Robinson is an enigma. Good shot stopper tells people about the modern goalkeeper then elbows or kicks opponents for no reason. We are much better with Scully.

It's strange that he's never done a "noise up the striker/ opposition fans" post on Instagram showing how best to barge and do a get it up ye

This.
I really liked Fordyce but you're right. Suffering an awful leg break and getting ragdolled by John Sutton are the stand out memories I've got of him in Pars jersey.

Once again Alan Martin seems to be the scape goat for another tight defeat I must have imagined his save from the free kick in the first half plus countless other games home and away he has kept us in the game.Not much mentioned regarding the fact that both Dobbie and Dykes were way off the pace against Dunfermline and have been for the 4 or 5 matches add in the fact that Low and Todd are both sidelined and have been the last few matches and we are asking the like of Wilson and Doyle to play out of position to accomodate .

Cant see the fascination of Lee Robinson which some Queens fans seem to have he certainly made more howlers than Martin in his last spell fact is on our budget Martin is probably the best option we will get an average championship keeper who will make mistakes.

Both teams were average on Saturday and nothing between either team   

I mind when we signed Robinson before the Falkirk game around New Year, and had Mvoto in the line up that day.
Oh how we laughed in the pub beforehand at how bad that would be. Both played blinders and Robinson was incredible for the remainder of the season.
He's definitely not hit that this season though.

Robinson has been a decent keeper for us. His clean sheet to games ratio must be one of the best in the league. considering we’ve been pretty shite for the majority of his time, he’s done more than ok. he comes across as a bit of a tit mind you

Archived