Pars vs Queens

lovely run we are on but again we have played far better and lost and that is the sign of a good team we saw the game out well, I thought Scully and Devine and Ashcroft especially when we went 1 up threw themselves at everything.

I thought it was a clear red card the boy just elbows Anderson in the face, very very lucky indeed. Queens have put all their eggs in a very good basket indeed but when Dobbie doesn't find the back of the next they struggle, although I thought that Dykes looked handy and he will be hard to replace.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently he was spotted near the tunnel before game against Partick on Tuesday so seemingly still here but thankfully nowhere near the first team
I'd imagine he's still on the books and comes up for games in case one of goalies gets injured (or pulls up in the warm up).

An ugly win today in horrible weather with the wind causing all sorts of havoc. The goal was probably the only bit of real quality and while Queens looked the more threatening in the first half and had a good spell of pressure near the end, we could have wrapped things up a lot sooner with the chance from Longridge and I'm still not quite sure how the Queens centre half never received a straight red for a pretty blatant elbow/forearm on Anderson. Very pleasing that we're grinding out results though. Hopefully that continues and Queens can pick up a bit and send either Partick or Falkirk down.

Thought we played well in the first half then seemed to take foot of the  gas, not sure what they drink at half time but I would put some caffeine into it. Aird played well, but Dobbie not up to his high standards. Dykes frustrating as always. Probably the biggest accusation against Naysmith was he should have implemented changes sooner.  Still to see a win this season and I fear that might be the case come the end of season.

Craw played QOS at their own game today.  We deserved to win based on the second half.  Lovely strike from Blair. Big shout out to the the lads in the corner of the NW. Job done. 

4 wins and 4 clean sheets on the spin. Not pretty football but very effective winning football. Fucking love this management team.

Folk are going to have to get used to the ''not pretty football''  or ''We have played better and lost'' thing. It's how we play. Not luck we are getting wins. It's deliberate. This is what Craw and Co have identified as our best chance of success. They are doing it brilliantly. AJ's naive football was probably better on the eye but hidiously predictable.

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Three queens players with gloves. That was a poor show. 

You're really struggling to find something to have a dig at. Best just to talk about your win. 

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Shout for a red for Brownlie there, those in the Norrie would've had the best view, camera on the wrong side. 

Looked from my vantage point in the Norrie that it could easily have been a red. He caught Anderson with his arm or elbow in the face and looked pretty deliberate.

Another game that we dug out in many ways and, as has said before, credit to Craw for the changes second half as they did make a difference for us. First half a non-event, although Higginbotham perhaps should have done better with his chance, and Craigen was unlucky with his free-kick, but it wasn't a great game.

I don't mind though as we're getting results and we're hard to beat. Queens put the pressure on late - I thought Stirling made a difference when he came on - but we've become pretty resolute in recent weeks. Excellent work by Scully right at the end too, and a brilliant strike by Blair to win it. He's deserved that for his performances over recent weeks.

Bonkers to look at the table and see us in fourth. We'll need to see where we can go with that but I'm delighted with the work the team have put in to get us away from the bottom end of the table, as that was concerning.

It wasn't a classic but I don't think Queens were completely terrible in it either. I think they've enough about them to be ok.

Its Hurting the players are hurting the fans are hurting the Dug is hurting . its Hurting

And my ears are hurting with shit patter and shit. music you play at the Recs.

Just Remembering that time I said I thought you were cool? I lied.

A good 1st half and a strong finish (chasing the game again) but I thought we sat back off Dunfermline from the start of the second half in typical Naysmith fashion.  Lucky not to go behind in the first 5 minutes of the game, the defence switched off but luckily for us Higginbottom shot straight at Martin.  As for the goal we lost, two defenders seemed to turn their back on Blair when he shot but it was a good strike which I doubt Martin could have done much about.  It was the wrong end of the park to see properly but Brownlie looked to be lucky to stay on when he caught the Dunfermline player but it's the kind of silly action we expect from him.  Aird had a good game considering he's not featured much and looked like he could be the catalyst if we were to score, not totally surprised Naysmith took him off as he has a habit of replacing players who look to be playing well. I'll give him the benefit as Aird may have been tiring.  Another defeat then, not softened by the fact that we played reasonably ok, but plucky losers only head in one direction.  Points needed on board PDQ.

I don't think we're playing *that* much better than we have been in spells earlier in the season but there's a lot more graft in the team and we're a much sterner test for teams. Four clean sheets in a row is absolutely superb.

Still not convinced we'll be in the top four but we'd have to do something spectacularly shite to get relegated from this position. Well in Craw and co; you've turned things around quickly after a worrying start.

Archived