Pars vs Queens

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve been found out recently with our weakness from crosses and defending corners, I’m actually surprised it’s taken so long. With likes of Ashcroft, Devine and Durnan (who if I recall often scored against us) playing there’s a real chance they’ll get one or more from set pieces. Going in like we did in October would be a mistake, Dunfermline have improved and will punish us.

Can’t see a clean sheet at all here, so I reckon we go out and attack. Dunfermline are nothing special, not a particularly amazing team and not significantly better than us.

I’d be going:
Martin
Doyle Maguire Fordyce Marshall
Aird Jacobs Wilson Stirling
Dobbie Dykes

Leaving us a bench of:
Leighfield
Brownlie
McGrath
Murray
(Assuming Mercer, Todd and Low are indeed injured)

I’d take a point right now.

We’ve been found out recently with our weakness from crosses and defending corners, I’m actually surprised it’s taken so long. With likes of Ashcroft, Devine and Durnan (who if I recall often scored against us) playing there’s a real chance they’ll get one or more from set pieces. Going in like we did in October would be a mistake, Dunfermline have improved and will punish us.

Can’t see a clean sheet at all here, so I reckon we go out and attack. Dunfermline are nothing special, not a particularly amazing team and not significantly better than us.

I’d be going:
Martin
Dobbie Dykes

Leaving us a bench of:
Leighfield
Brownlie
McGrath
Murray

It's not been recently discovered though. It's been happening all season as I've already highlighted on our thread. Of the 32 conceded goals, 21 have been from crosses. The only reason people are more aware of it now is because the goals have dried up on our end. We've been consistently shite at dealing with them all season.

Guest Flash
21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not been recently discovered though. It's been happening all season as I've already highlighted on our thread. Of the 32 conceded goals, 21 have been from crosses. The only reason people are more aware of it now is because the goals have dried up on our end. We've been consistently shite at dealing with them all season.

To be fair, I think the rate we have conceded goals has been higher in the last 5 games that at any time in the season and the longest we’ve gone since a clean sheet. So it feels like everybody is targetting it now, even if that isn’t necessarily the case or that it always has been the case but didn’t always work.

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I’d be going:
Martin
Dobbie Dykes

Leaving us a bench of:
Leighfield
Brownlie
McGrath
Murray

Struggled do deal with crosses last season too did we not.  It's not a problem that has suddenly appeared. 

On another matter,  has the club been a bit hasty in releasing a couple of the younger players,  Bell especially.  We've now got more experienced options to bring off the bench but injuries,  and possibbly  suspensions soon, may restrict our options even more.  Granted the younger players may have been a bit raw yet but they could have filled jerseys in case we get to the stage of having even less than 3 outfield players available to bring on. 

Struggled do deal with crosses last season too did we not.  It's not a problem that has suddenly appeared. 
On another matter,  has the club been a bit hasty in releasing a couple of the younger players,  Bell especially.  We've now got more experienced options to bring off the bench but injuries,  and possibbly  suspensions soon, may restrict our options even more.  Granted the younger players may have been a bit raw yet but they could have filled jerseys in case we get to the stage of having even less than 3 outfield players available to bring on. 
Yes. I did stats at the end of last season on them as well. Can't recall what they were now but I know that had we dealt with them we'd have had enough points (hypothetically) to have landed a play-off spot.

8 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I’d be going:
Martin
Dobbie Dykes

Leaving us a bench of:
Leighfield
Brownlie
McGrath
Murray

That is what I like positive thinking me in the real world sadly Queens will get nothing on Saturday 

What a great way to spend your 64th Birthday.:thumsup2:(

Cue song  "When I get older losing my hair"etc etc.   Cue man with some hair entering ground and bald man leaving.  Bring on a Festival of Shite and point or three - more attacking football would be nice................

C'mon Queens.

If Queens struggle from crosses and corners then it makes it extra crucial to get Ryan Blair on the ball as much as possible to make deliveries for Anderson.

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Given that Queens struggle from crosses and corners then it makes it extra crucial to get Ryan Blair on the ball as much as possible to make deliveries for Anderson.

Fixed for you. It`s not if we struggle. There`s a significant body of evidence to confirm that we do.

In two minds who I want to win this, in one hand it would be hilarious to see QOS with the so called best player in the division relegated to league 1. Their fans have also developed ‘Stranraer syndrome’ with regards to their hatred of the Super. However on the other hand a Pars win would see them close the gap to 6 points. 

Score draw. 

In two minds who I want to win this, in one hand it would be hilarious to see QOS with the so called best player in the division relegated to league 1. Their fans have also developed ‘Stranraer syndrome’ with regards to their hatred of the Super. However on the other hand a Pars win would see them close the gap to 6 points. 
Score draw. 
"so called" [emoji38]

Archived