Pars vs Queens

11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If you took away Shankland's goals, they'd still be in the play-offs. If you took away Dobbie's, Queens would be bottom and favourites for relegation. 

In fact, I think only one Ayr result since mid-September would be different if Shankland's goals were removed. He's only scored three since mid-December and two of those were in defeats.

So what you are saying is Shanklands goals are not as important to Ayr’s results as Dobbies is to queens ??

thats a fair point.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

How's Aird played since he signed ?

Hardly featured,  surprised we bothered to sign him actually.  A player with the top assist rate in the division doesn't fit in with Naysmith's failing safety first tactics.  Lyndon Dykes has a high assist rate also and is an ever present but he's tall and often used as a target man.  I think Andy Stirling on one wing and Aird on the other would be well received by most Queens fans.  Aird got about 5 minutes V Morton on Tuesday, rumoured to be carrying a slight knock,  but I'm hoping that Naysmith was simply keeping him fresh for the game this Saturday. 

40 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

A fit Aird could save Queens' season. He's such a bellend that it's easy to overlook the fact that he can be a matchwinner. 

Maybe Naysmith didn't appreciate how big a bellend Aird was when he brought him in and now he's finding out hence his limited appearances. 

If Mercer is out it's bad news for Naysmith as he'll only be able to play 7 defensive outfielders on Saturday.

I predict a shitfest approach from us, a Dunfermline goal or two from a cross/corner and a post-match interview from GN saying he can't fault the players effort and they're hurting in there.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If Mercer is out it's bad news for Naysmith as he'll only be able to play 7 defensive outfielders on Saturday.

I predict a shitfest approach from us, a Dunfermline goal or two from a cross/corner and a post-match interview from GN saying he can't fault the players effort and they're hurting in there.

He must be toast if that happens.

Several times this season (and in season's gone by)  we have been told by opposition fans in the run up to games that their team are absolutely shite and on such a bad run that we couldn't possibly fail to win.  Of course more often than not we fail to win because we are Queen of the South and it's what we do.

Hopefully it is roles reversed in this one, because we are absolutely shite and I can't see anything other than a home win!

Several times this season (and in season's gone by)  we have been told by opposition fans in the run up to games that their team are absolutely shite and on such a bad run that we couldn't possibly fail to win.  Of course more often than not we fail to win because we are Queen of the South and it's what we do.
Hopefully it is roles reversed in this one, because we are absolutely shite and I can't see anything other than a home win!

Nah, not having that. Although we'd maybe had a slight up turn in form going into the same fixture last October, majority of Pars posters on here were saying we were shite. We duly got beat 1-0 and were shite.

No idea why but I burst out laughing at the wording of that first sentence [emoji38]

14 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

A feature of our games against no hopers over the last few seasons too. That was with AJ though. Crawford seems much more open to the concept of changes and tactics. On such a bad run your manager can at least just forget about his football "philosophy" and such pish and just go all-out to win ugly/win at all costs. Makes it a tough one for us. Especially on the back of a good win our players could soon mistake themselves for world-beaters. Crawford has to keep them grounded and ee just need to go out with the same attitude that has seen us grind out these recent wins.  

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We looked lucky in that some horrendous defensive stuff early against Thistle wasn't punished. Do that with Dobbie and it'll be game over.

Were you at the same game as me? Thistle had one real effort on goal, I can't think of anything else. The mix-up between Ashcroft and Craigen was poor but not exactly a goal scoring opportunity.

The highlights originally showed the same mistake three times. We were a bit flakey to start with but no real problems.

Dobbie can score from anywhere even without mistakes. One of the few players in the league who needs marked out the game.

3 hours ago, JFPar said:

Were you at the same game as me? Thistle had one real effort on goal, I can't think of anything else. The mix-up between Ashcroft and Craigen was poor but not exactly a goal scoring opportunity.

We made daft defensive errors but I wouldn't say they gave Thistle ideal chances to score. 

Just man mark Dobbie out the game, let Ryan Blair work his delivery magic and we'll create plenty chances for Anderson. Louis Longridge looked way off it against Thistle, maybe an opportunity for Connolly to come back in. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

We made daft defensive errors but I wouldn't say they gave Thistle ideal chances to score. 

Just man mark Dobbie out the game, let Ryan Blair work his delivery magic and we'll create plenty chances for Anderson. Louis Longridge looked way off it against Thistle, maybe an opportunity for Connolly to come back in.

Longridge, Higginbotham and Williamson would all be lucky to retain their starting spots under normal circumstances. Crawford was absolutely gushing over Connolly in his post match so I'd expect him to come back in.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Longridge, Higginbotham and Williamson would all be lucky to retain their starting spots under normal circumstances. Crawford was absolutely gushing over Connolly in his post match so I'd expect him to come back in.

Seems like Longridge has good bantz in the dressing room. Thought Connolly should start and did really well again coming on.

Do you think Connolly could run through Dykes’s legs?

:lol:

Archived