Clyde vs Edinburgh

I thought we were deserving of the 3 points, Edinburgh were posts width away from not to be losing going into half time.

Second half we started okay but a great ball by banks and a clear penalty (only our 3rd of the season) well put away by goodie, no complaints about the sending off (thankfully the ref pulled it back) and then Edinburgh just resorted to long balls up the park which we dealt with excellently and special mention to mcstay who was my man of the match he was back to his best and I hope he continues to show the kind of level he displayed yesterday. 

I fully expect Peterhead and Edinburgh to win mid-week (maybe our friends from Cowdenbeath and Berwick will do us a favour ;)) so it will be another must win against Elgin which will be another tough game. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a particularly satisfying thing about yesterday. Highest attendance in Leagues One and Two,  in spite of a poor away support and bad weather. Plus for once we didn't choke in front of a bigger than usual crowd.

Hopefully this is a taste of things to come.

Pleasing.

The fans backed the team full 90 minutes with no let up in positive support.

For a guy who was in Australia on Tuesday, the performance of Mcstay was outstanding- albeit overdue.

Stonewall penalty, wonderfully despatched by Goody who clearly is still favouring his arm but has scored in every game since his return.

Losing Cuddihy in warm up, Cogill nursing a knee injury didn’t hinder us,but hope we get some players back to compete for next week.

A 9 minute red card never good, thankfully it galvanised us. Would expect Mcniff to replace Lang up at Elgin.

Cant write off Edinburgh, but feel it may be a two horse race now 

4 hours ago, LiviClyde said:

That was a particularly satisfying thing about yesterday. Highest attendance in Leagues One and Two,  in spite of a poor away support and bad weather. Plus for once we didn't choke in front of a bigger than usual crowd.

Hopefully this is a taste of things to come.

What was the attendance?

Nice to see Tom Lang there at the end dishing out the congrats to his team mates. Sending off looked harsh on second viewing but did stop their boy going clean through I suppose.
At the risk of being one of the "Lang brigade " [emoji23]
Looked at the highlights Stewart goes for the header leaving his man spare grant is also going for the header and gets right under it doesn't leave Lang much option as he is going backwards to cover
Looks like he did take one for the team
I did think at the time he hadnt reacted to the ball

Thought you might be just so pleased we won still hurting EK Clyde didn't come about [emoji23]

Lang played well but deserved to be sent off it didn't cost us the game so no damage done but if we don't conceed next week then he will simply be back on the bench like what's happened to cogill , that's what happens when you have a competative squad.

Terrific performance with all the players giving there all ,the arria was packed feeling around the club so positive[emoji106]

Is argue Lang won us the game with that challenge, otherwise they were through and most likely making it 1-1. Also forced us to sit back, which we did really well (for a change) and gave them no real chance.

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

At the risk of being one of the "Lang brigade " emoji23.png
Looked at the highlights Stewart goes for the header leaving his man spare grant is also going for the header and gets right under it doesn't leave Lang much option as he is going backwards to cover
Looks like he did take one for the team
I did think at the time he hadnt reacted to the ball

It's not Grant, it's Rumsby. I'd say it's mainly his fault; Stewart has left his man because Rumsby has got underneath it. I'm not even sure why Rumsby is that side of Henderson to start with?!

As I said on Saturday, I can't be particularly angry at Lang. He obviously doesn't see the Edinburgh player. It's a yellow card because of the situation but he's unlucky.

It's not Grant, it's Rumsby. I'd say it's mainly his fault; Stewart has left his man because Rumsby has got underneath it. I'm not even sure why Rumsby is that side of Henderson to start with?!
As I said on Saturday, I can't be particularly angry at Lang. He obviously doesn't see the Edinburgh player. It's a yellow card because of the situation but he's unlucky.
I couldn't make out who it was from highlights

• 2 weeks later...

Why should you care?

I don't wait on baited breath for whatever Kevin Rutkiewicz has to say after a game because I'm not a Binos fan and if City are not playing Stirling I don't care what he has to say.  

I recall an interview with your manager after the last Clyde match which was in the Scotsman. It was a fair reflection on the game unlike the platitudes spouted by most other bosses or the bile that emanated from Bollan to the Berwick coach.

Archived