Clyde vs Edinburgh

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t be too critical on Lang for picking up a second booking. If he doesn’t commit the foul the Edinburgh player goes through one-on-one (which he should have been allowed to do anyway). Hopefully any one of Cogill or McNiff can deputise next week.

Good win for Clyde then, and seems you deserved it with a commited team performance, digging in to get the 3 points.

I believe you'll probably catch Peterheid as well. They're not a great team and you definitely have the momentum with you now to go on and win the league.

Absolutely glorious Clyde!

Disappointed I missed the game but hearing that we won and that rotten little beast Thomscum was raging is delightful.

I am surprised that the Tom Lang brigade haven’t been out in full force yet.....
Thought you might be just so pleased we won still hurting EK Clyde didn't come about [emoji23]

Lang played well but deserved to be sent off it didn't cost us the game so no damage done but if we don't conceed next week then he will simply be back on the bench like what's happened to cogill , that's what happens when you have a competative squad.

Terrific performance with all the players giving there all ,the arria was packed feeling around the club so positive[emoji106]

Mcstay was outstanding today that was as good a midfield performance in years , the run near the end was a joy to watch had he scored been goal of the season total team performance stood up to an bombardment
I doubted this group of players ability to dig it out and battle their ability has never been in doubt today was a coming of age, there guys have shown they are now a proper Clyde team [emoji122]

Never in doubt - I did the maths, remember?

Just wanted to congratulate Danny and all the players on a very determined display. Largely kept it on the deck and worked extremely hard throughout to ensure Edinburgh rarely had much time on the ball. We reduced what many believe to be the league's strongest side to a bunch of $hitebags who could do little more than aimlessly punt the ball towards our goal. 

Now that we've vanquished this mob, it's time to dethrone those *insert fish themed insult here* Peterhead.

We are the Clyde an' we're on our way back!

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Henderson, wasn’t impressed with him. No idea how he has scored so many goals. Was it an off day for him?.
Said the same thing on the way out to my old man. Looked like an absolute Donkey no idea how he has so many goals. Although he'll have a hard time getting out of Rumbsy's pocket

44 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Henderson, wasn’t impressed with him. No idea how he has scored so many goals. Was it an off day for him?.

By the looks of things you’ll never know, one Edinburgh fan has posted in about 3 pages.. where the f**k are they ?

Some run the Clyde have been on since January. 

You were also team of the day on "Off the Ball" so got to dedicate a song to play them out with. 

Tam "Ignorant Motherwell b*****d" Cowan said "Is there a song that's appropriate for your goalscorer?"

1) He didn't even know who scored

2) That might have been awkward.. 

They just played "Song of the Clyde" which is a fine old tune but a bit of a cop-out. 

THINKS: perhaps there's no other City fans replying because they've got you all on "ignore".. :lol:

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Some run the Clyde have been on since January. 

You were also team of the day on "Off the Ball" so got to dedicate a song to play them out with. 

Tam "Ignorant Motherwell b*****d" Cowan said "Is there a song that's appropriate for your goalscorer?"

1) He didn't even know who scored

2) That might have been awkward.. 

They just played "Song of the Clyde" which is a fine old tune but a bit of a cop-out. 

THINKS: perhaps there's no other City fans replying because they've got you all on "ignore".. :lol:

Chin up, champ. There's always next year.

1 minute ago, ScottR96 said:

Chin up, champ. There's always next year.

For a diddy wee team with f**k all fans it's actually been a good season regardless. Plus there's the consolation that we might not be in the same division as Clyde next year...*! :lol:

Spoiler

*although I'm not betting my house on that one... :whistle

Each and every player stood up to the challenge today, thought we were the better team throughout. Stone wall penalty and well taken by Goodwillie. 

Rumsby, just like he did on Tuesday, marked the centre forward out the game, excellent once again. Lamont was poor first half I thought but the work he put in second half more than made up for it, banks did well again when coming on. 

Man of the match for me was Mcstay, really dug in to win balls and was a leader in the midfield. 

Excellent win and keeps the run going. Lovely jubbly. 

Tough game yesterday. The improvement in City in the space of a year is remarkable although they seem to have based themselves on Peterhead the way they play.  That's always been effective at this level, a lot of well organised giants, difficult to break down, the big strikers there for crosses or knock downs

Thought Rumsby and Lang were immense as they basically nullified their game plan. It's definitely the strongest defence we've had for years, Cogill can come straight in for Lang no problem

We tried to move them around in the first half but it needed to be a little bit quicker, and sometimes Goody was a little too isolated.  Didn't stop us creating several clear chances in the first half and we should have taken at least a couple

Second half sending off changes things. Natural enough for 10 men to play deeper, it's understandable. City then start to look good on the ball when given a lot of space, not so much  on the few occasions we pressed them though.

Grant looks very composed on the ball, Lamont and McStay put in a real shift - they all did - but Banks is the reason all clubs should start prioritising skill over physique.  At times he was taking 3 City defenders with him creating a load of space for others.  He's the kind of player that can be the difference in a tight game like that, and of course set up the move that resulted in the pen

Can see how City and Peterhead are likely to grind out results, but if teams manage to stop the aerial threat, could be a different story.  We've a lot of options available.  Still probably down to the wire, but if we continue with a 'must win' mentality, can see us just about doing it now

Tough game yesterday. The improvement in City in the space of a year is remarkable although they seem to have based themselves on Peterhead the way they play.  That's always been effective at this level, a lot of well organised giants, difficult to break down, the big strikers there for crosses or knock downs
Thought Rumsby and Lang were immense as they basically nullified their game plan. It's definitely the strongest defence we've had for years, Cogill can come straight in for Lang no problem
We tried to move them around in the first half but it needed to be a little bit quicker, and sometimes Goody was a little too isolated.  Didn't stop us creating several clear chances in the first half and we should have taken at least a couple
Second half sending off changes things. Natural enough for 10 men to play deeper, it's understandable. City then start to look good on the ball when given a lot of space, not so much  on the few occasions we pressed them though.
Grant looks very composed on the ball, Lamont and McStay put in a real shift - they all did - but Banks is the reason all clubs should start prioritising skill over physique.  At times he was taking 3 City defenders with him creating a load of space for others.  He's the kind of player that can be the difference in a tight game like that, and of course set up the move that resulted in the pen
Can see how City and Peterhead are likely to grind out results, but if teams manage to stop the aerial threat, could be a different story.  We've a lot of options available.  Still probably down to the wire, but if we continue with a 'must win' mentality, can see us just about doing it now
Thought the way we pressed them first half and until the sending off made them look very ordinary as you say a big team solid team .The defence was immense yesterday I think Rumbsy probably doesn't get the credit he deserves ( myself included ) a real no nonsense defender not somebody you are going to see bringing the ball out from the back but very reliable
Lang I thought played really well a class central defender and a very good Footballer to boot . One thing he has to work on is concentration the second booking was him not reacting quickly enough to the initial ball and just a few times he gets a bit casual that said he looks the best centre half we have had in years my man of the match was mcstay what a performance Grant as well very composed Rankin just showed his experience again As you say banks is a real talent very raw but willing to take players on full of energy and enthusiasm great to watch Didn't think there was a failure yesterday the squad has coped really well with injuries / suspensions
What really surprised me yesterday was the amount of headers we won all over the park against a big strong team
At Xmas I doubted that we had the strength and physical attributes to put in a challenge for the league but as the month a have went on this squad has shown a never say die attitude not seen for years at the club absolutely delighted to say wrong again.

Shamefully only my first time at Broadwood yesterday. It’s a good looking stadium although Baltic when that wind passes through. The contactless payments there make things so much easier, I’m surprised other grounds haven’t adopted it.

As for the game, Clyde had the better chances in the first half and we were lucky to go in 0-0 at the break. As for the second half I can’t comment on the penalty as I was downstairs getting the hot drinks in but I was ‘reliably’ informed when I got back that it was a soft one. Walker and Henderson had a couple of unlucky chances and I was raging when McIntyre was pulled back from the one on one for the foul. After the red card, City seemed to resort to hoof ball and if the game went on for another half an hour we still wouldn’t have scored that way.

Disappointing day in regards to the title but I’d have bitten your arm off to be in this position at the start of the season.

We played excellent football by not playing hoofball and as usual the defence was the reason we got more out of the game than Embra.
Chances still being missed makes for squeaky bum times.
Got to give special mention to McStay for a great performance.
Keep up the good work and the league title is in the bag.

Archived