Clyde vs Edinburgh

We were by far the better side in the first half and created a few chances including hitting the post.

Second half we looked really comfortable at 1-0 until Lang's red card. Defended really deep after that but Edinburgh just kept hitting long ball after long ball and Currie really didn't have a save to make.

Excellent penalty from Goodwillie after winning it himself was a great ball to him from Banks and the Edinburgh defender was daft enough to stick out a foot. The ref done us a favour in pulling it back for the free kick when Lang was sent off as looked like Edinburgh were through on goal.

Another great battling performance from the team and have finally went second in the league just a pity Peterhead are grinding out win after win at the moment.

Edit:attendance 844 not bad going considering Edinburgh won't have brought too many.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic result. I thought we were better over the piece and deserved the win.

Obviously it was an atrocious bit of refereeing not to play on from the red card foul. Aside from that though, Edinburgh didn't create much and seemed happy to play aimless long balls instead of stepping forward into the space we gave them.

Lots of good performances, Grant in particular, but for an incredible shift after the red card McStay was my MotM.

Fantastic result. I thought we were better over the piece and deserved the win.
Obviously it was an atrocious bit of refereeing not to play on from the red card foul. Aside from that though, Edinburgh didn't create much and seemed happy to play aimless long balls instead of stepping forward into the space we gave them.
Lots of good performances, Grant in particular, but for an incredible shift after the red card McStay was my MotM.

I don’t think you can play advantage if you are going to send someone off.

GIRUY Edinburgh and your wee diddy club.

Felt we dominated the first half today and off to a flyer with the penalty and goal early doors in the 2nd half.

Battled well and seen out the game brilliantly. Don't really remember Edinburgh having a clear cut chance all game.

Another clean sheet, another Goodie goal, another win and 16 unbeaten now. Mon the Bully Wee!

I don’t think you can play advantage if you are going to send someone off.
If that's the rule, it's a stupid one.

Also it was a second yellow card so I doubt if that rule was an issue. Dreadful refereeing. I'd be raging of I was an Edinburgh player [emoji23]

GIRUY Edinburgh and your wee diddy club.
Felt we dominated the first half today and off to a flyer with the penalty and goal early doors in the 2nd half.
Battled well and seen out the game brilliantly. Don't really remember Edinburgh having a clear cut chance all game.
Another clean sheet, another Goodie goal, another win and 16 unbeaten now. Mon the Bully Wee!
Very gracious in victory [emoji23]

Regardless of the hopeless bit of refereeing which no doubt  benefited ourselves, I'd be surprised if anyone at the match would claim we didn't deserve the points. By far the better side in the first half, and defended our lead well. Edinburgh surely can't be sitting first second third in the league by just punting the ball up to Henderson for 90 minutes. They'd ran out of ideas well before full-time.

No complaints about the red card but unlike the one against Peterhead I'm not overly critical of Lang either. He'll learn from it.

Man of the match McStay who played very well 11 v 11 but was the best player on the pitch by a mile after we went down a player. Grant excellent as well. It's moved up our season up a gear having them paired up in midfield. Rumsby dealt with Henderson manfully. Stewart did well when moved to right-back. But no doubt we have a whole team of battlers, with huge amounts of quality.

Very rare for us to have a decent crowd and win as well. This team deserves attendances like that for the rest of the campaign.

First half I thought we were very good, created 3-4 decent chances and McStay hitting the post.  Pretty comfortable actually; was a bit worried that not scoring when in top would come back to haunt us.

Edinburgh, were more effective in the second, certainly had more of the ball than they did in the first, but not creating too much at all. 

Great ball from Banks that led to the penalty; Goodwillie, who was a wee bit subdued today and well covered by Ballitoni, was though brilliant for us inviting the challenge great run as ever, strong on the ball and knew the defender would clatter him. Fantastic penalty too under some pressure.

Lang was dominant when he was on,   did his usual lunge as he is prone to and off he goes;  get that out his game and we have a good CH.  Last half hour, nervous as I’ve  been for a long long time but on reflection we battled and defended all over the park. Has to be deep considering we were playing a title challenging team but we were excellent. Thoroughly deserved the 3 points today.

I’ll enjoy a beer tonight. Cheers Danny and all the guys on the park today!!

15 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

No Coghill and I don't think Boyle was there either-hopefully nothing sinister.

I am not McStays biggest fan but when we went down to 10 men he was magnificent.

A massive 3 points.

Boyle was named as a sub? I'm sure I saw him during the pre-match warm-up.

I think finally jumping up a place in the table after what seemed like an eternity in 3rd will give the players a bit of belief. Obviously it's Peterhead's to throw away but this run we're on is mental. Genuinely think we'll do it. 

1 minute ago, ScottR96 said:

I think finally jumping up a place in the table after what seemed like an eternity in 3rd will give the players a bit of belief. Obviously it's Peterhead's to throw away but this run we're on is mental. Genuinely think we'll do it. 

I hope they enjoy it, we'll almost certainly be back down to third again after Tuesday :lol:

Great result and performance today. Well deserved and we really could and should have been 3 goals up in first 20min..

Losing Cuddihy in warm up and Lang was a blow but full team showed lot of character espicially young Banks probably the most calm out the lot..

Goodwillie tired understandbly and i was personally crying out for Ally to come on but DGW ball keeping possesion in last few mins confirmed what i know about football management...

Balloteli best for Edinburgh at either end & they can't have any complaints bar the ref stopping the play to send off Lang..

Next 3 or 4 fixtutes very interesting, Firstly very important we win sat at Elgin with 3 home games and Albion Rovers Away before we play Peterhead at Home...

How good would it be if we were level with Peterhead that day or worst case 1point or 2 behind to beat them & go top...

Get yourselves up to Elgin if you can lads and lassies. 20 odd o my lot on 7am to Inverness en route to Elgin..

All Welcome to join us

Forever n eva

Archived