The Tractor Massive vs The Young Team

Well done to Forfar. Best team won by a country mile today. Their players were sharper, hungrier, more determined, won almost every ball and could actually string a few passes to each other. Darren Young has a lot to answer for this afternoon...changing the team selection far too much in the last 3 or 4 games and it's showing. Players looked like they were playing together for the first time and didn't look like they knew what they were doing. Maybe they don't want to make the play offs come the end of the season ffs. Brett Long should have been taken off as soon as he was injured...knew a goal or two was coming while he was still on. And the less said about the third goal the better. Jesus Christ.

Can’t moan at changing the team that last 3/4 games. We have lost them all bar Arbroath which felt like a loss.

Absolutely woeful today. Their keeper didn’t make a single save as nothing went towards him. Not one. Cleanest gloves in scotland.

We reaaaaaally miss aggie!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John-Deere-tractor-runs-over-boy.gif&key=ee915559aa3891e349bb71e1035cff2e7934d99308611092fe23179f3c137a10

Prophetic post Slippy!

One of those days where nothing went right for the fifers.
Keeper injured in the opening minutes, any mistakes by the loons just seemed to break to another Forfar player.
Easton scores with a toe poke.
Hit the bar.

Very well played by Forfar today. Hilson was my MOTM, never let the back four settle, chased everything, his hold up play was excellent and that goal......

Well done to Forfar. Best team won by a country mile today. Their players were sharper, hungrier, more determined, won almost every ball and could actually string a few passes to each other. Darren Young has a lot to answer for this afternoon...changing the team selection far too much in the last 3 or 4 games and it's showing. Players looked like they were playing together for the first time and didn't look like they knew what they were doing. Maybe they don't want to make the play offs come the end of the season ffs. Brett Long should have been taken off as soon as he was injured...knew a goal or two was coming while he was still on. And the less said about the third goal the better. Jesus Christ.

The team looks knackered the Tuesday/Saturday taking its toll. A fit Brett would of done better for the first and second goals- hope injury not bad- as I too thought that he should of come off sooner but then I saw the substitute keeper ! Not one player got pass marks- a truly bad day at the office.

Guest bernardblack

I’d add Brad Spencer is an outstanding addition to the team.

The gaffers signings have been top notch

I say we go for the title now ! Off form Lichties pumped at Staish and a fairytale ending ?

Some display by Forfar. Chased every ball and put East Fife under pressure from the off. Interplay in midfield was quite brilliant. As fine a team performance you could hope for. Three excellent goals, all well taken, especially Baird's.

Bit disappointed in opposition to be honest but good performances from Meggat, Linton and Watson.

Never easy when you have to bring on your substitute keeper but it was a bit generous having him wear clown shoes.

Fair play to Forfar, they were miles ahead of us today and wanted it more. I don’t buy into this Tuesday, Saturday causing tiredness - we’ve only had it once - we’ve another two weeks of this. We are now on a bad run of results with only the draw (which should have been a win) against Arbroath. We are really missing the creativity of Scott Agnew and it looks as though Murdoch May be missing for a few games. Hopefully Brett Long is a quick healer as his back up looked a bag of nerves and it was obvious that our defence didn’t have much confidence in him during the second half. 3 massive games coming up which will have a huge baring on whether we push for the play offs or allow others to put pressure on us and possibly catch us. We must take at least 7 points from the next three games but after today’s performance it looks unlikely. Forfar are the form team in the league and they all looked comfortable today in terms of knowing their roles in attack and defence.
Have to say, I always used to enjoy a visit to Station Park but the atmosphere on the terracing the last few visits has been poisonous and quite aggressive. There is nothing better than having a bit of banter with opposing fans but today was anything but. Maybe Forfar need to look at segregating fans as I’m sure an incident is not far away. Before Forfar fans start taking the hump at this statement, I would add that some East Fife fans added fuel to the fire with some of their comments and reactions.

Fair play to Forfar, they were miles ahead of us today and wanted it more. I don’t buy into this Tuesday, Saturday causing tiredness - we’ve only had it once - we’ve another two weeks of this. We are now on a bad run of results with only the draw (which should have been a win) against Arbroath. We are really missing the creativity of Scott Agnew and it looks as though Murdoch May be missing for a few games. Hopefully Brett Long is a quick healer as his back up looked a bag of nerves and it was obvious that our defence didn’t have much confidence in him during the second half. 3 massive games coming up which will have a huge baring on whether we push for the play offs or allow others to put pressure on us and possibly catch us. We must take at least 7 points from the next three games but after today’s performance it looks unlikely. Forfar are the form team in the league and they all looked comfortable today in terms of knowing their roles in attack and defence.
Have to say, I always used to enjoy a visit to Station Park but the atmosphere on the terracing the last few visits has been poisonous and quite aggressive. There is nothing better than having a bit of banter with opposing fans but today was anything but. Maybe Forfar need to look at segregating fans as I’m sure an incident is not far away. Before Forfar fans start taking the hump at this statement, I would add that some East Fife fans added fuel to the fire with some of their comments and reactions.

So basically what’s happened here is, you’ve been pumped, you’re now going to attempt to take the morale high ground & claim to be a saint. To even suggest the club would need to segregate is laughable. There’s never any bother when we play that lot down the road, but now all of a sudden we must stop mass riots...

You were in a football ground. Expect people to display their emotions, or stay in your cave.

So basically what’s happened here is, you’ve been pumped, you’re now going to attempt to take the morale high ground & claim to be a saint. To even suggest the club would need to segregate is laughable. There’s never any bother when we play that lot down the road, but now all of a sudden we must stop mass riots...

You were in a football ground. Expect people to display their emotions, or stay in your cave.

Deary me!

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Looks like Forfar have managed to knacker our keeper in the first five minutes and he's now been subbed, perhaps should have been taken off earlier???

Murdoch taken off injured as well, it's not looking good!!!☹️

You're having a laugh, Bain has every right to go for the ball,  Long gets it, bangs it off Bain's shoulder and spills it, lands awkwardly and the goal should've stood, no foul. I felt for the keeper as it was an unfortunate injury made worse by the ridiculous delay organising the sub keeper. A substitute goalie doesn't need a five minute warm up, he can do most of after he's on rather than making Long's injury worse.

43 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
47 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I say we go for the title now ! Off form Lichties pumped at Staish and a fairytale ending ?

Retribution for League 2, doubt it'll happen but how sweet would it be?

15 minutes ago, Bayviewboy said:

I wasn't aware of aggression from either set of fans today, I had a pleasant chat with a group of Fifers at half time. Only thing I noted was the booing of your injured keeper which I certainly didn't agree with, I felt sorry for him and thought your physio wasn't doing her job letting him stay on.  I stopped going to your old ground long before you left it due to aggression including having a bottle thrown at me many moons ago. 

Been to a lot worse games when I was younger, the summary of it is, you guys were getting pumped and section of your fans decided throw a hissy about people swearing.......at a football match. Didn’t realise that your tinpot club was also a bunch of wee snowflakes that can’t handle a few bad words, but I suppose if the football on the pitch is all you’ve got to look forward to, you need something to focus on

41 minutes ago, HotTakesForDays said:

Obviously one of the culprits.

Archived