The Tractor Massive vs The Young Team

23 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

And to think it's the young lads with their drum that stewards pick on , er steward harshly.

We're getting a bit fed up of the way those lads are getting treated. They're bringing much needed atmosphere which the players are responding to. The club needs to careful they don't force them out, they are the future. Twenty to thirty years ago (aye, OK and a wee bit more) we didn't get that attention.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're getting a bit fed up of the way those lads are getting treated. They're bringing much needed atmosphere which the players are responding to. The club needs to careful they don't force them out, they are the future. Twenty to thirty years ago (aye, OK and a wee bit more) we didn't get that attention.

I quite like them tbh. One of them is a bit of a tosser who prefers watching and shouting at opposition fans than the game but all in all not a bad thing.

Lets get back to business here. Brilliant three points for the loons. The team played like a team. Chased every ball and looked determined.

Hilson’s goal was an absolute screamer and look forward to seeing it again.

Thought Easton played a much much better game today, very influential and was definitely an asset. Thought he meant business once he came on and realised he’d had a haircut and a shave [emoji23]

Irvine and spencer did a good job in midfield, surely Riley has a job on his hands getting a game?

Brilliant result, surpassing my expectations so far this season.

Should have absolutely no fear facing any team at the moment. Credit to Jim and the team.

Mon the loons!

24 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I quite like them tbh. One of them is a bit of a tosser who prefers watching and shouting at opposition fans than the game but all in all not a bad thing.

Agree with last two posts. Great to have them on the terraces. It looks as if more are coming along and that's no bad thing. I just hope the stewards don't ruin it and put them off. The players clearly appreciate it - after recent goals they made straight for them. Great for atmosphere and gives everybody a lift.

Lets get back to business here. Brilliant three points for the loons. The team played like a team. Chased every ball and looked determined.

Hilson’s goal was an absolute screamer and look forward to seeing it again.

Thought Easton played a much much better game today, very influential and was definitely an asset. Thought he meant business once he came on and realised he’d had a haircut and a shave [emoji23]

Irvine and spencer did a good job in midfield, surely Riley has a job on his hands getting a game?

Brilliant result, surpassing my expectations so far this season.

Should have absolutely no fear facing any team at the moment. Credit to Jim and the team.

Mon the loons!

I thought Easton was quite quiet today, loved his goal though.

First of all well done Forfar, deserved the points today [emoji1319] As for the aggro, I was with three under 14’s today and they even sensed the tension amongst the non segregated fans! We have been to every League 1 away game this season apart from Dumbarton and Stranraer but this was by far the most I’ve seen the boys notice the ‘bickering’ between fans. Hopefully just a one off due to the importance of the game to both teams. As for booing an opposing teams injured player when you are winning, I don’t quite see the sense in that! Lastly...Aggy, we need you!

Guest bernardblack

I thought Easton was quite quiet today, loved his goal though.

I’ve said it before but his ball retention is superb. Agreed, loved his goal.

Still some fans who love screaming at him for misplacing a pass whilst 3-0 up though!

Really like our team just now. Back four is solid...pick any two from Murray, Reilly, Spencer or Irvine in the two sitting midfield then Bain-Easton-Hilson-Baird

6 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I’ve said it before but his ball retention is superb. Agreed, loved his goal.

Still some fans who love screaming at him for misplacing a pass whilst 3-0 up though!

Really like our team just now. Back four is solid...pick any two from Murray, Reilly, Spencer or Irvine in the two sitting midfield then Bain-Easton-Hilson-Baird

Spot on. And Easton was the only player who had the vision to try a dipping long range shot on a slippy surface to a goalie who looked petrified to be out there.

Spot on. And Easton was the only player who had the vision to try a dipping long range shot on a slippy surface to a goalie who looked petrified to be out there.
No offence but his dipping long range shot on a slippy surface went no where near the slippy surface. The 'keeper punched it away at near nipple height, 'though on that point the 'keeper's nipples were closer to the surface than most others.

One steward in particular , ginger hair and a total bellend , told the drummer and his mates to stop singing !!! Watch the stewards drive the next generation away !

So basically what’s happened here is, you’ve been pumped, you’re now going to attempt to take the morale high ground & claim to be a saint. To even suggest the club would need to segregate is laughable. There’s never any bother when we play that lot down the road, but now all of a sudden we must stop mass riots...

You were in a football ground. Expect people to display their emotions, or stay in your cave.

Oooft!!!
You managed to beat us us for the first time in nearly a year, calm down son and accept your victory with as much good grace as we are accepting our deserved defeat!!!

Undeniably a poor performance where only a couple of players got pass marks.

However we are still in the playoffs and still have a couple of games in hand.

Let's look to Tuesday's match at Brechin and hope we get back on track. After all we haven't suddenly become a bad team and Darren Young hasn't suddenly become a poor manager. 

For what it’s worth with the issue with fans, the worst culprits seemed to be an East Fife fan and an elderly Loons fan who was being both being overly aggressive at the front of the enclosure.

There were also a group of four or five fans who seemed to take issue with a younger group near them despite everyone else including myself around them being just as loud, if not worse than them, especially with the swearing. One of the older group tried to intimidate them but he came across as embarrassing and petty.

There’s not been an issue with home and away fans mingling at Station Park for a long time, if at all in my time of attending games. Segregation would be a bit over the top, at the very least it is common sense for fans to go to the end their side are shooting towards and most supporters of both sides tend to do so.

On to the game, I thought we played well and could have had more than the three if we could find the target.

I felt Brad Spencer was deserving of the man of the match award, he’s been brilliant since he joined (ignoring the red card seven minutes into his debut). The back four have been superb since we brought in Eckersley but Meechan could be the player of the season, he has been good in almost every game even at left back.

East Fife looked so much worse than the last couple of meetings and Long probably should have come off earlier if he was that hurt but I can see why they would have been hesitant to bring him off considering the back up keeper showed why he is just bench warming.

49 minutes ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

For what it’s worth with the issue with fans, the worst culprits seemed to be an East Fife fan and an elderly Loons fan who was being both being overly aggressive at the front of the enclosure.

There were also a group of four or five fans who seemed to take issue with a younger group near them despite everyone else including myself around them being just as loud, if not worse than them, especially with the swearing. One of the older group tried to intimidate them but he came across as embarrassing and petty.

There’s not been an issue with home and away fans mingling at Station Park for a long time, if at all in my time of attending games. Segregation would be a bit over the top, at the very least it is common sense for fans to go to the end their side are shooting towards and most supporters of both sides tend to do so.

On to the game, I thought we played well and could have had more than the three if we could find the target.

I felt Brad Spencer was deserving of the man of the match award, he’s been brilliant since he joined (ignoring the red card seven minutes into his debut). The back four have been superb since we brought in Eckersley but Meechan could be the player of the season, he has been good in almost every game even at left back.

East Fife looked so much worse than the last couple of meetings and Long probably should have come off earlier if he was that hurt but I can see why they would have been hesitant to bring him off considering the back up keeper showed why he is just bench warming.

Why do you have Airdrie as your team?  Get that sorted.

Anyway just watched the highlights...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Archived