El Disastrico; Albion Rovers v. Berwick Rangers

In the end a priceless point for Berwick. League status is confirmed for at least another season. Phew. Things will need to drastically improve for next season though because nobody as bad as Albion will be in the league then. For now though, a good result. 

19 minutes ago, Pompey Blue said:

In the end a priceless point for Berwick. League status is confirmed for at least another season. Phew. Things will need to drastically improve for next season though because nobody as bad as Albion will be in the league then. For now though, a good result. 

Not safe yet but this will feel like a victory for the team. Well done guys a point is a point however it's achieved 

21 minutes ago, Pompey Blue said:

Should been at central park!!!!!@@@@

Where to start.   Relief but Albion should have been home and dry by HT. 

The lack of effort in the first 45mins was unacceptable. Our midfield looked lazy.  Lack of organisation at the back allowing free headers from corners was school boy stuff.

Second half we responded with a bit more passion especially from Forbes and Brown. The withdrawal of Ogilvie and Blues helped as both were shocking.

We scrambled one over the line from a corner and got that point which was essential.

Congratulations to a Craig Hume for staying clean on the muddiest pitch you will see. 

This was our final warning as a club, we won’t get another, it will be game over.

First things first the point should be enough to secure our safety, well done to the boys on that. 

The question for me though has to be, is Johnny Harvey the man to take us forward next year? I don’t believe so, rapid decline since his arrival. 

On 2/27/2019 at 17:10, cowdenbeath said:

The 2 sides must surely keep their non winning record going so a draw it is.

Called that one right:lol: A whopping 20 league and cup games without a win for Rovers and 13 for Berwick.

I would imagine this should be enough to see Berwick over the line baring some sort of miracle.

It really was a turgid performance until the last 15 minutes when it became just about acceptable as we pushed a bit more after the changes.

The mayhem in the summer left us with a squad not up to standard, but that squad has clearly got significantly worse since with the new managers ins and outs. I wasn’t really that bothered to see many of them leave because they were shite too, but you need to replace them with better. Hume and Aloulou especially look ridiculously out of their depth.

I don't go with this "we're safe now" stuff. After Tuesday our goal difference will likely be worse than Albion's. Then one win for them - they are at home to Cowden very soon - and the meeting between us at Shielfield will be crucial. 

Really disappointing to read that we were rubbish again for much of the match, and with Harvey still insisting that Hume cannot be dropped (and with Wilson as the alternative), our defence will be crap till at least July. 

4 minutes ago, Redcar said:

I don't go with this "we're safe now" stuff. After Tuesday our goal difference will likely be worse than Albion's. Then one win for them - they are at home to Cowden very soon - and the meeting between us at Shielfield will be crucial. 

Really disappointing to read that we were rubbish again for much of the match, and with Harvey still insisting that Hume cannot be dropped (and with Wilson as the alternative), our defence will be crap till at least July. 

You definitely look safe, but you can't relax until you are. Only takes a morale boosting win for Albion and panic sets in.

21 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Don't panic your safe Rovers have taken 8 points out of a possible 81 so far the need at least the same from their last 9 games to overall Berwick assuming that you lose all your remaining games which I don't expect either to happen.

Today was the last chance saloon for them.

20 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don't panic your safe Rovers have taken 8 points out of a possible 81 so far the need at least the same from their last 9 games to overall Berwick assuming that you lose all your remaining games which I don't expect either to happen.

Today was the last chance saloon for them.

Our next point will come on the penultimate day of the season when we host Rovers. 

You are correct in what you say and we need restructuring from top to bottom or we are mince meat and it’s only a matter of time, I am very unhappy the way the club has been run lately.
I am also disillusioned at the standard off players we are signing and no one is worth the admission fee to go and watch.
I have listened to the management on post match thoughts and mostly in the past have questioned if we have been watching the same games.
I have been watching BRFC for many years and can’t recall such a poor player pool than we have now or the last few years. ☹️

5 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Where to start.   Relief but Albion should have been home and dry by HT. 

The lack of effort in the first 45mins was unacceptable. Our midfield looked lazy.  Lack of organisation at the back allowing free headers from corners was school boy stuff.

Second half we responded with a bit more passion especially from Forbes and Brown. The withdrawal of Ogilvie and Blues helped as both were shocking.

We scrambled one over the line from a corner and got that point which was essential.

Congratulations to a Craig Hume for staying clean on the muddiest pitch you will see. 

This was our final warning as a club, we won’t get another, it will be game over.

I'm always suspicious of players who leave a mudbath with a clean shirt. It suggests "bone idle shagbag" to me. 

Met a Berwick fan on the train coming back from the game I was at (Bathgate v Rosyth). "How was the game?" I asked. "Brutal" he replied, with a smile..! :lol:

Sad thing is the amount of our fans posting in glee about what a great point it was. This against possibly the worst side to have graced the Professional structures of Scottish Football.

The club is in real danger of going out of business if this alarming trend continues. Is there any plan and strategy from the Board to halt this journey toward oblivion and indeed start heading us in a totally opposite route? If there is nobody appears to be advertising it.

Brutal stuff indeed.

14 hours ago, Pugsley said:

I've been sitting at home having kittens watching the commentary on SPL site and I'm a Yorkshire Terrier!......

What a relief!

Your own club`s twitter feed was excellent - minute by minute reporting - better than SPL or BBC