Aberdeen v Accies

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Was there really only 36 Accies fans there ??

There were, and rather than taking the mick out of them, I for one, would like to say well done to each and every one of them for making the journey on a Wednesday night where I’m sure that they didn’t really think that they would get anything from the game.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

^^^ this guy is why people laugh at Aberdeen fans

You don't expect a title win but you also don't want someone to be content with 2nd? Runners up for four consecutive seasons is "fairly respectable"? How many cup finals over the last few years? McInnes has done an incredible job and you want him sacked cause you're *only* third and you've had a few bad results.

Absolutely entitled pish.

No danger would I go as far as to say he's done an incredible job. Decent enough with everything he has/had at his disposal, yeah.

Incredible is too generous IMO. 

Aberdeen were on top for spells but we actually tried to play some attacking football and the shift each player put in was superb. Really enjoyable performance and I was proud to be one of the 36 - today is the sort of result that makes all the traipsing about the country, more in hope than expectation, worth it, because you just never know...…..:thumsup2

Guest Bob Mahelp

Got to start off by saying that I thought Accies played very well. They didn't come to sit in, they pushed forward whenever they could and were able to take advantage of Aberdeen's glass chin at home.

We missed a wheen of chances, but overall Accies were well worth the 3 points.

I'm truly baffled as to why our home form has fallen off a cliff.  I've probably got as much a clue about it as McInnes. I suppose there's the obvious fact that we've been cursed by injuries in defence this season....is there a game where we've managed to play the same back 4 twice in a row ? I'm not sure.

But that doesn't explain why we're playing so well away from home.

I suppose it's just the fact that pretty much every team in the league has figured us out at Pittodrie, coupled with a real nervousness that we're going to concede in every single home game.

This feels a bit like the Craig Brown days, where we just couldn't win at home.

Anyways, that's football. On to Sunday...ho hum.

Guest Bob Mahelp
19 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Smack on a school night ?

Hibs have got the dead cat bounce that a new manager often brings.

Reading twitter and Facebook it would be very hard to imagine we are third in the league having been to a cup final with a quarter final this weekend.  Prior to this season we lost both Mclean and Christie from our squad. It’s inevitable we will slip up in some games. Our team isn’t so magnificent that it will beat the bottom half teams every week. I’m really not sure what people who want McInnes out expect will happen if he goes.  For someone to look at the Aberdeen set up and genuinely “ah yes McInnes, that’s the real issue here, get rid of him and things will get better” is seriously scary levels of delusion with what came before him. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Reading twitter and Facebook it would be very hard to imagine we are third in the league having been to a cup final with a quarter final this weekend.  Prior to this season we lost both Mclean and Christie from our squad. It’s inevitable we will slip up in some games. Our team isn’t so magnificent that it will beat the bottom half teams every week. I’m really not sure what people who want McInnes out expect will happen if he goes.  For someone to look at the Aberdeen set up and genuinely “ah yes McInnes, that’s the real issue here, get rid of him and things will get better” is seriously scary levels of delusion with what came before him. 

I agree. That's utter madness born out of the frustration of not being able to beat Stenhousemuir, St Mirren and Hamilton at home.

Home form-wise, we're in a rut. But McInnes has proven plenty of times that he can react to dips in form and find a way out of them. A win on Sunday and the same idiots calling for his head will be wanting an open top bus down Union Street.

13 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Thank you Zizou, for restoring my faith in the Aberdeen public.

Looking in from afar, maybe it is time for a change. BUT, who could be tempted to Pittodrie who would be considered an improvement? Better leave things as they are and re-boot in the summer, even if our season could be over on Sumday.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Looking in from afar, maybe it is time for a change. BUT, who could be tempted to Pittodrie who would be considered an improvement? Better leave things as they are and re-boot in the summer, even if our season could be over on Sumday.

If Mcinnes doesn't have the hunger to do another summer rebuild then maybe it's time to part ways, but otherwise there's no real reason to sack him.

The home form this calendar year just happens to be particularly painful thus far.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Agreed

The young, reactionary fan base that pollute social media are not representative of the wider support imo 

But Derek and the board have correctly come in for criticism recently 

Appears we pissed the DNA money on James Wilson. Recruitment has been so patchy the last few windows, the higher profile signings just haven’t worked and I don’t have a great deal of confidence we will get it right in the summer.

Doesn't mean I want Derek replaced but we do appear to have peaked a couple of years ago and we’re quietly reverting back to scrapping for 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just wait until McInnes goes and Aberdeen are fighting it out again with the likes of St Johnstone for 8th place.

Cannae wait.

image.jpeg.58c9f2051edd0f4fd3d7030de48ffd65.jpeg 

Might not be as high up the table, but we have increased our corner count by 14% !

Archived