Aberdeen v Accies

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yeah I’m not calling for McInnes’ head by any means as I don’t have a short memory like some lunatics 

But f**k me, the Club needs a shot in the arm this summer 

What’s the fucking plan? 

I don't have a short memory, I've sat through a fair amount of shite over the years through various managers. 

Whilst things might not be as bad as the McGhee era, we are regressing at an alarming rate whilst the rest of the league is getting stronger.  How far do we let things deteriorate before we try and stop the rot?

I'm overseas at the moment and just woke up, so should probably reserve judgement until I've had time to watch the game back on RedTV, but that's another stinking result at home. Drawing with St Mirren and Stenhousemuir, then losing to this Hamilton team, is woeful stuff - this might actually be the worst of the lot, given how bad I thought Hamilton looked on Sunday. 

Willing to bet that we lacked any guile in the middle of the park, were just generally far too slow in our attacks, and played a big part in their goals. 

Willing to bet that we lacked any guile in the middle of the park, were just generally far too slow in our attacks, and played a big part in their goals. 

Nobody will take that bet because you are correct on all points.

Aberdeen were flying post winter break with a system and personnel that seemed to be working. The football wasn’t great but it was effective. I’m a massive Greg Stewart fan but he doesn’t seem to fit in that side - too many people take up spaces and positions he wants to get into. Killie he had much more license it seems. 

Mciness has to shoulder a lot of the blame for the massive squad imbalance and lack of ideas. I read an interesting article that basically said Aberdeen’s goal and chances come from second balls as opposed to any sort of actual attacking plan. Hard to argue with that.

Fingers crosses you can turn over Rangers on Sunday.

Some effort from the Accies. Love to see them stay up again and piss everyone off. Get Dundee down for the laffs.

Perhaps this is too simplistic, but Stewart works well with space (he got more at Dundee and Kilmarnock than he will get most games here) and another striker who will move and give him that room to run into (Hemmings or Brophy, for example). Cosgrove doesn't do that - he's a central striker who wants the ball to be played wide, somebody like May to be dragging defenders away from him, and two wingers who can whip a quick ball into the box. That's what we did in December, and we were wrong to change it. Stewart is a technically good player, but he doesn't fit into this team. Even if he's nice to watch at times, he just doesn't get the time and space to make him effective, and the end product has never been there in an Aberdeen shirt. 

This is why I said in January that May would likely be a better partner for Cosgrove than Stewart would be. I've not seen anything to change my mind since. We can choose one of Stewart or Cosgrove, but, in most games, not both. McInnes now has to make a choice on which one he values most. 

Abysmal McGhee-esque performance, no creativity, no pace, far too predictable. 

Shinnie/Ferguson are great together in tight scrappy games but a match like tonight need some finesse and instead we get the usual sideways-backwards bollocks.

McGinn - Couple of decent deliveries in the first half, that apart anonymous

McClennan - Too much head down headless chicken running, too easy to defend against

Gorgeous Greg - Much as I enjoyed getting one over Killie in signing him, he just doesn't suit our style of play. Always shows for it but too often has a chance to cross or shoot and he overdoes it. Wouldn't blame him solely for our post-christmas troubles but the balance just aint there

Cosgrove - No service

Defence - Piss poor, distribution is honking, so slow getting it out from the back. Keystone cops in the buildup to that 2nd goal.

Wilson and Gleeson must be wondering what they need to do to be given a chance.

Big summer window coming up, squad needs a proper refresh this year.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.....

Sad ?

Could have lost 9-0 tonight followed up by a 10-0 defeat on Sunday. But I’d still have a smile and feel happy inside, cos I’m not one of your lot.

1 hour ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

To be honest, i think we'd be better off replacing him anyway.  

We are playing utterly woeful football and not getting results. Our home form especially is a disgrace.

Our squad management/recruitment is also horrendous and we've left ourselves down to the bare bones again.

There will always be happy clappers who will say he can do no wrong, but the support is turning against him in considerable numbers. McInnes has done a good job at restoring the club to a fairly respectable standing, but it is clear that he has taken us as far as he can. I'm not expecting us to win the league vs the money spent by the bigots in Glasgow, but it would be good to have someone in charge (Steve Clarke for example) that wouldn't be so content with second place. 

^^^ this guy is why people laugh at Aberdeen fans

You don't expect a title win but you also don't want someone to be content with 2nd? Runners up for four consecutive seasons is "fairly respectable"? How many cup finals over the last few years? McInnes has done an incredible job and you want him sacked cause you're *only* third and you've had a few bad results.

Absolutely entitled pish.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

^^^ this guy is why people laugh at Aberdeen fans

You don't expect a title win but you also don't want someone to be content with 2nd? Runners up for four consecutive seasons is "fairly respectable"? How many cup finals over the last few years? McInnes has done an incredible job and you want him sacked cause you're *only* third and you've had a few bad results.

Absolutely entitled pish.

Excuse me, but he/she is not representative of the Aberdeen support. I’m one of those that are delighted that at long last we have had cup finals to go to, always nice to win them obviously, but it’s also a great day out. Tonight was really frustrating, not just losing to Hamilton, but the fact that second is now looking out of our reach on the same night. Massive game for us, and Rangers, on Sunday. We have to get some confidence back at Pittodrie, and spirit and fight, which were definitely lacking tonight.

Archived