Peterhead v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we made hard work of that, really could've been a few up at half time. Cowdenbeath's keeper made a few decent saves but worryingly we seem to have lost our cutting edge.
Brown and Dunlop were solid as usual and Fleming was kept quiet. Top of the league though, that's all that matters.

32 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

I am in berlin not at game  sounds like training game for phead

I wasn't there either but it was always going to be a hard one they have the luxury of bringing guys like Willie Gibson and Derek Lyle off the bench! Keeping it at 1-0 there was always a chance you could steal a point but I wouldn't have went up there expecting much more.

Possession means hee haw. Clinical finishing is what it's all about. It's easy to knock safe passes about in your own half.

Didn't expect anything tonight and it would be better if Peterhead won the league from a purely selfish point of view.

30 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I wasn't there either but it was always going to be a hard one they have the luxury of bringing guys like Willie Gibson and Derek Lyle off the bench! Keeping it at 1-0 there was always a chance you could steal a point but I wouldn't have went up there expecting much more.

To be honest, had Cowden managed a draw it would have been a Dick Turpin job. 

Your 'keeper had two cracking saves first half, and another one in the second half. 

I haven't seen the stats but I can remember our goalie having one save to make.

A deserved win for Peterhead with them missing a host of chances. Favourite being a tap in being blocked by a fallen Peterhead player on the line!

We didn't play too bad and the knicker wetting on the page before about the shot count is a bit OTT. Peterhead are a miles better side than us with better players and have something to play for. We worked our arses off and almost snuck a late equaliser.

Renton was fine. Our biggest problem is midfield. Miller was anonymous tonight. Fraser was tidy controlling the ball but had poor distribution. Buchanan did alright actually for once.

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

A deserved win for Peterhead with them missing a host of chances. Favourite being a tap in being blocked by a fallen Peterhead player on the line!

We didn't play too bad and the knicker wetting on the page before about the shot count is a bit OTT. Peterhead are a miles better side than us with better players and have something to play for. We worked our arses off and almost snuck a late equaliser.

Renton was fine. Our biggest problem is midfield. Miller was anonymous tonight. Fraser was tidy controlling the ball but had poor distribution. Buchanan did alright actually for once.

Felt sorry for Henvey, probably  the fastest player on the park, never got a pass. Renton didn’t do much but the only passes he gets are punts up the park in his direction. Thought Buchanan put in a good shift without much luck.

Peterhead had a load of chances, I can’t remember their keeper making a save either.  Rory still thinks he’s the fourth official hounding the ref constantly, not the player he was, got subbed. 

Stevenson rightly got mom, wish we still had him.

Don’t think Peterhead are as good as City.

There was a point in the first half where Peterhead had already sent 10 shots in on goal, 4 off target, yet Cowdenbeath were sitting at 71% possession. Whilst not impossible, I think there was a flaw in their recording of that data.

1 hour ago, David W said:

There was a point in the first half where Peterhead had already sent 10 shots in on goal, 4 off target, yet Cowdenbeath were sitting at 71% possession. Whilst not impossible, I think there was a flaw in their recording of that data.

Maybe not as Peterhead to an extent kept launching the ball into the box while Cowdenbeath held the ball when in possession but I agree the stats seem odd

Archived