New Clubhouse at Lochmaben

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Am I correct in saying next season would be the first one that Lochmaben has actually played in Lochmaben in the SoS?

Yes I think it will be. They played a friendly there back in 2017 and I don't remember them playing a match down there since.

Before that they played under the Crichton name down at Hospital Park.

When I moved to Lochmaben in 2013 they were playing in the Dumfries Saturday Leage. 

http://groundhopper2000.blogspot.com/2013/10/lochmaben-v-dyanamo-star.html

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Is there anymore groundwork planned? I don't believe an enclosed ground is an SoS requirement?

"An adequate pitch perimeter protection system shall surround the playing area separating it from the spectators. This may be the use of  rails, barriers or ropes"

South of Scotland ground criteria

7 minutes ago, info said:

"An adequate pitch perimeter protection system shall surround the playing area separating it from the spectators. This may be the use of  rails, barriers or ropes"

South of Scotland ground criteria

Thanks, I meant more in relation to a fence around the ground to prevent free access.

16 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Thanks, I meant more in relation to a fence around the ground to prevent free access.

The quote is the only South requirement. A 6ft fence around the whole ground is an SFA license requirement and of course a way of making sure off paying spectators.

7 hours ago, info said:

The quote is the only South requirement. A 6ft fence around the whole ground is an SFA license requirement and of course a way of making sure off paying spectators.

I wasn't aware of that, I think therefore the SoS may be the only pyramid league with no requirement for an enclosed ground.  The EoS require it, the Juniors require it.

Archived