• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
groundhopper2000

New Clubhouse at Lochmaben

2 hours ago, groundhopper2000 said:

A couple of photos of the clubhouse down at Whitehill Park Lochmaben. Should be ready for next season.

P1560899.JPG

P1560900.JPG

Good bunch of lads at Lochmaben  .I wish them well .

Am I correct in saying next season would be the first one that Lochmaben has actually played in Lochmaben in the SoS?

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Am I correct in saying next season would be the first one that Lochmaben has actually played in Lochmaben in the SoS?

Yes I think it will be. They played a friendly there back in 2017 and I don't remember them playing a match down there since.

Before that they played under the Crichton name down at Hospital Park.

When I moved to Lochmaben in 2013 they were playing in the Dumfries Saturday Leage. 

http://groundhopper2000.blogspot.com/2013/10/lochmaben-v-dyanamo-star.html

Edited by groundhopper2000
spelling

Is there anymore groundwork planned? I don't believe an enclosed ground is an SoS requirement?

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Is there anymore groundwork planned? I don't believe an enclosed ground is an SoS requirement?

Sorry don't know of anymore work being planned.

"An adequate pitch perimeter protection system shall surround the playing area separating it from the spectators. This may be the use of  rails, barriers or ropes"

South of Scotland ground criteria

7 minutes ago, info said:

"An adequate pitch perimeter protection system shall surround the playing area separating it from the spectators. This may be the use of  rails, barriers or ropes"

South of Scotland ground criteria

Thanks, I meant more in relation to a fence around the ground to prevent free access.

Thanks, I meant more in relation to a fence around the ground to prevent free access.

Don't think Uppers play at an enclosed pitch?

16 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The quote is the only South requirement. A 6ft fence around the whole ground is an SFA license requirement and of course a way of making sure off paying spectators.

7 hours ago, info said:

The quote is the only South requirement. A 6ft fence around the whole ground is an SFA license requirement and of course a way of making sure off paying spectators.

I wasn't aware of that, I think therefore the SoS may be the only pyramid league with no requirement for an enclosed ground.  The EoS require it, the Juniors require it.