St Johnstone vs Hibernian

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A game that Saints should never have lost. That's not to say I'd gripe about the end result but to lose a game in which you are comfortable and end up playing against ten men is criminal.

The lack of composure following the penalty and red card was infuriating.

Will be interesting to see how the manager reacts, for an hour I suspect he was happy enough but you can't excuse what happened after that.

14 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

It was so odd to watch, players just slicing passes straight out of play. I watched from half time and it was an even game from then but we were still under pressure and looked like we could be hit on the counter. We looked completely comfortable after the red card.

Its dreadful, and I'm finding it hard to blame the ref at all considering thats how we played after the equaliser. 

As I say, have to hope its just a mix of nerves/panic because we're on a winless run, and had just lost a lead, and that once we do get the first win out the way it shouldn't happen again. 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He charged towards him but stops short, and Kamberi crumples forward. BBC claimed it was for a shove, which would be ridiculous.

Its a poor decision.

It was a shove. Like I said, he shoved him in the back after he got away with pulling on his arm. He had no reason to push him in the back as he was going nowhere.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

It was a shove. Like I said, he shoved him in the back after he got away with pulling on his arm. He had no reason to push him in the back as he was going nowhere.

I'll have to see it again tbh, but from what I remember, theres absolutely no chance a push from their position can cause Kamberi to fall, and it certainly wouldn't cause him to lose his footing in the way he does.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll have to see it again tbh, but from what I remember, theres absolutely no chance a push from their position can cause Kamberi to fall, and it certainly wouldn't cause him to lose his footing in the way he does.

Perhaps not. But if you push a player in the back in the box who is going nowhere, they're going to hit the deck, whether it's enough to make them go down or not.

Cruising for an hour,should’ve been further ahead,why did Kano shoot from so far out,when clean through?Mattys header,Kano first  half,we were so far on top,then Spoony loses soft possession 25 yards out,ball into the box,and Liam charges in at pace and gives the ref a decision to make,whether it’s soft or not,it was a daft set of circumstances.After thar we capitulated ,and I for one feared we’d go on to lose,although I thought the winner looked offside from my view,worst I’ve felt for a while after a game,well at least since Accies away 

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Perhaps not. But if you push a player in the back in the box who is going nowhere, they're going to hit the deck, whether it's enough to make them go down or not.

Thats a lot of straws your clutching there, m8. It was a dive, just embrace it.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Dive or no dive, one thing’s for sure: the basement half beckons for your mob.

Maybe, finishing 6th or 7th doesn't make much odds to fans though, tbh. Bottom half at least gives us the chance to relegate someone.

I thought the referee had a good game and if anything, we were on the good end of a lot of his decisions in the first hour. He added five minutes on at the end as well despite no injuries in the second half that I can remember.
Obviously if he's got the penalty wrong that's a big one but having read that it was Liam Craig penalised, I can quite believe he shoved Kamberi in that nothing area of the box.

Surely the five minutes come from 6 subs, penalty decision & the melee after it?

Archived