St Johnstone vs Hibernian

At no stage did it look like we were playing ten men. We absolutely blew that.

Craig was silly getting that tight at the penalty but Kamberi needed no second invitation to go down.

Slivka should have been off before that. Whether that would have changed much is open to argument given how bad we were when he was eventually dismissed.

I’d have said we were very comfortable up to the point Hibs equalised and from then on we just chucked it.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Omeonga was very good when he came on. Would like him to start the next few games. There’s absolutely no chance McNulty stays with us next season but it’s good to have him for now. Great signing.

I can’t actually believe we’ve beaten St Johnstone tbqh. Going to be enjoyable watching how raging big Tommy is after the game.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's bottom half confirmed now, IMO, need to try and figure out who's worth keeping for next year. It's at the stage where Watt and Swanson haven't actually contributed anything all season despite being top earners.

A couple of months ago, you were saying that Watt's one of the most talented strikers you've ever seen in a Saints shirt. Do you ever talk in anything other than the most dramatic extremes?

I'd be interested to see the stats in relation to how well we generally do after the other team has been reduced to ten men. We never seem to know what to do in those situations. A really disappointing result after a promising first-half performance. The penalty decision turned the game in Hibs' favour, but we need to show more mental strength or the top six battle is well and truly over. Thankfully we have a little break now before playing comparatively weaker teams. I won't rule anything out.

Just now, Zing. said:

Sounds like Omeonga was very good when he came on. Would like him to start the next few games. There’s absolutely no chance McNulty stays with us next season but it’s good to have him for now. Great signing.

I can’t actually believe we’ve beaten St Johnstone tbqh. Going to be enjoyable watching how raging big Tommy is after the game.

Omeonga was unreal when he came on, helped turn the game. He had everything and was everywhere. Wasn’t bullied at all considering he size. Needs to started on Saturday.

His pass for the goal was what you see from Scott Allan. 

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Useless fact, but we came to close to signing McNulty the same Summer we signed Scougall.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

A couple of months ago, you were saying that Watt's one of the most talented strikers you've ever seen in a Saints shirt. Do you ever talk in anything other than the most dramatic extremes?

I still think hes our best striker, and on the ball the best striker we've had that I can remember.

Doesn't change the fact hes got about two league goals all season, no assists since around November, and utterly vanished in that second half when everyone was looking for a player to step up. 

Had Celtic v Hearts on at same time.

One loses a penalty against ten men, its scored and they find themselves 1-1 in a game they've been comfortable in. They react by playing exactly the same and eventually get a winner.

The other loses a penalty, its scored and they find themselves 1-1 in a game they've been comfortable in, and against ten. They react by panicking like f**k and barely managing a shot in 30 minutes.

You hope it's just panic because we've not won in so long, anything more serious would be terrifying.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Had Celtic v Hearts on at same time.

One loses a penalty against ten men, its scored and they find themselves 1-1 in a game they've been comfortable in. They react by playing exactly the same and eventually get a winner.

The other loses a penalty, its scored and they find themselves 1-1 in a game they've been comfortable in, and against ten. They react by panicking like f**k and barely managing a shot in 30 minutes.

You hope it's just panic because we've not won in so long, anything more serious would be terrifying.

It was so odd to watch, players just slicing passes straight out of play. I watched from half time and it was an even game from then but we were still under pressure and looked like we could be hit on the counter. We looked completely comfortable after the red card.

Archived