Sign in to follow this  
Kyle

St Johnstone vs Hibernian

2 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

He’s cost us multiple goals this season, purely due to not being able to defend. His use of the ball is a 1 good pass in 5 instead of 1 good pass in 5. There is no way that is good enough

I can only think of one goal against Celtic hes directly cost us, by dreaming and not just clearing the ball, a trick he almost repeated tonight. Hes perfectly fine for this level, not a standout, but not "not good enough".

Not sure why everyone is now murdering the whole squad because we lost. We were brilliant, without a failure, until the equaliser. The collapse afterwards was a full team thing, not just one or two players, yet its Tanser and Wotherspoon who have somehow been singled out. Craig rushes in and gives the ref a chance to give the penalty for no reason, then stands off a midfielder and lets him pick a pass from the middle of the park, can't remember seeing anyone criticising him for that, instead its Tanser for shanking a couple of balls out of play.

Chris Kane is really really shite. Mid to low championship level at best. 

If Watt goes in the summer we have a big job on to get a couple of good strikers in.

I can only think of one goal against Celtic hes directly cost us, by dreaming and not just clearing the ball, a trick he almost repeated tonight. Hes perfectly fine for this level, not a standout, but not "not good enough".
Not sure why everyone is now murdering the whole squad because we lost. We were brilliant, without a failure, until the equaliser. The collapse afterwards was a full team thing, not just one or two players, yet its Tanser and Wotherspoon who have somehow been singled out. Craig rushes in and gives the ref a chance to give the penalty for no reason, then stands off a midfielder and lets him pick a pass from the middle of the park, can't remember seeing anyone criticising him for that, instead its Tanser for shanking a couple of balls out of play.

So off the top of my head - there is at least 2 in the 6-0 game against celtic, one against i think Motherwell where he doesnt cover round, and one against Hamilton where he makes a mess of the corner and doesnt try and get back. That is also on top of the second last night.
Don’t get me wrong he wasn’t the only one whp was brutal last night, but he has cost us more than any player this season

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone players heads exploded after the penalty - Kamberi got fouled at one point, Craig went mental  and Flo blew him a kiss - match was pretty much in the bag after that.

We all know some decisions go for you, some against, but Wrights mental rants about the penalty showed him up as a fanny last night.

Tony Watt going down quicker than a Leith hoor when Slivka caught up with him - vaguely worth a mention?

Anything Tommy?

Nope - his head had gone, in line with the players.

Under pressure, lads..................

flohat.png.d818c02f57989665fcf92e582a88633f.png

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: Its 6th place m8, not the title.

Yes its 6th place and even though you have a much easier run in to the split than Hibs, I think he saw this as a must win match.

Its pretty much all you have to aim for now, no?

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Yes its 6th place and even though you have a much easier run in to the split than Hibs, I think he saw this as a must win match.

Personally for me, top six is important as it gives you the opportunity to challenge for Europe post split, however we aren’t playing well enough and are too far behind fourth to make that realistic, which would soften the blow of failing to finish top six. The fact that finishing in the bottom six has no danger of relegation this year and the prospect of relegating Dundee, St Mirren or Hamilton softens the blow even further. 

In saying that, obviously every Saints fan would rather be top six though.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

St Johnstone players heads exploded after the penalty - Kamberi got fouled at one point, Craig went mental  and Flo blew him a kiss - match was pretty much in the bag after that.

We all know some decisions go for you, some against, but Wrights mental rants about the penalty showed him up as a fanny last night.

Tony Watt going down quicker than a Leith hoor when Slivka caught up with him - vaguely worth a mention?

Anything Tommy?

Nope - his head had gone, in line with the players.

Under pressure, lads..................

flohat.png.d818c02f57989665fcf92e582a88633f.png

Are you meaning for the sending off? Slivka should've been off already for the tackle on Kane near the touch line but I didn't think there was much debate about his red card? First one a clear dive, the second one it appeared to me that he clipped Watt who'd gotten past him?

We were on top for 60 minutes until the penalty, the players completely lost their shit, and with it their composure and we barely created anything after the penalty. You'd think we were the team down to 10 men in between the red card and the 2nd goal going in - we were all at sea, created nothing and I felt the sucker punch was coming for a good 5 or 10 minutes before it eventually did.

I know we have a far easier run in than Hibs and Motherwell (on paper anyway) but I just can't see us climbing back into the top 6 now that we're out of it. The run of fixtures prior to this game was difficult but the performance levels have dipped well below what's required. We probably need to try and shitfest a win at Livingston in 10 days to give ourselves a chance. That's something we've managed twice already this season but both times were on the back of decent victories. 

Edited by Kyle

14 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The run of games against Celtic sucked any enthusiasm anyone at the club had for this season out the window, it feels like. The performances and selections since feel like we're just going through the motions until its over now.

Can I ask on what basis do St.Johnstone fans think that they were the better team last night or deserved to win? They shaded the first half maybe but they weren't the better team and were pretty dreadful against ten men, at home.

9 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

Can I ask on what basis do St.Johnstone fans think that they were the better team last night or deserved to win? They shaded the first half maybe but they weren't the better team and were pretty dreadful against ten men, at home.

Created more chances, played better football. 

I think you’d get a decent percentage of Hibs fans who would say St Johnstone were the better team, you’d be lucky to get one St Johnstone fan who would say Hibs were the better team. Good barometer for me. 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I think you’d get a decent percentage of Hibs fans who would say St Johnstone were the better team, you’d be lucky to get one St Johnstone fan who would say Hibs were the better team. Good barometer for me. 

Absolutely, as your one shot on target demonstrates

5c77b81573baa_Screenshot2019-02-28at10_28_56.thumb.png.01ed79c841205ff721cf700fb80aaf8c.png

Tommy Wright post match interview made for shocking viewing too....................

sheep.jpg.18833613fa5cf18aba470c4e03ae77e3.jpg

5 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I only watched from half time when it was pretty even until the pen, comfortable for us after that. 

24 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

We looked comfortable at 1-0, Hibs were having a lot of the ball but not doing anything with it, and we looked decent on the counter. We don't lose many games after going 1-0 up either. If Hibs don't get that penalty, then go a man down, its not hard to envisage us just shitfesting the last 15 minutes and taking the 1-0.

After the equaliser though, Hibs were the far better team.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Absolutely, as your one shot on target demonstrates

We had two shots on target in the lead up to the goal alone, so I’m going to take that stat with a pinch of salt tbh.

Somebody should let big Van Vossen know he is off the hook, wasn’t a chance because he didn’t hit the target. 

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I only watched from half time when it was pretty even until the pen, comfortable for us after that. 

Just like Hibs, you never showed up until half time. Lucky you TGIG, lucky you. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We looked comfortable at 1-0, Hibs were having a lot of the ball but not doing anything with it, and we looked decent on the counter. We don't lose many games after going 1-0 up either. If Hibs don't get that penalty, then go a man down, its not hard to envisage us just shitfesting the last 15 minutes and taking the 1-0.

After the equaliser though, Hibs were the far better team.

I find it hard to agree with you that Hibs going a man down somehow worked in our favour. No matter what way you look at it, that's a considerable advantage to St.Johnstone.

Until the last 5 minutes when St J were shelling it into our box we were playing all of the good football. It wasn't a typical 10 man performance when you are looking to soak up the pressure and break up the park and hopefully nick a goal. A draw would have been fair enough but I don't think St Johnstone were worth a win. 

Also, I'd have Kennedy back in a heartbeat, his delivery into the box is terrific at times. 

2 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

I find it hard to agree with you that Hibs going a man down somehow worked in our favour. No matter what way you look at it, that's a considerable advantage to St.Johnstone.

I never said that? I said if Hibs go a man down, whem its 1-0 then I could imagine us winning 1-0.

Hibs were the better team after the score went 1-1. They remained calm while Saints got desperate.