St Johnstone vs Hibernian

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else have visions of a crazed, teetotal, OCD-afficted hygiene freak up there in ferm country, spraying everything he comes into contact with with hand santizers and/or air freshener, and with a photo album full of pictures of clogged toilets, litter and inebriated jakeys, taken whenever they go shopping in one of the bigger cities? Or is it just me?

46 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Does anyone else have visions of a crazed, teetotal, OCD-afficted hygiene freak up there in ferm country, spraying everything he comes into contact with with hand santizers and/or air freshener, and with a photo album full of pictures of clogged toilets, litter and inebriated jakeys, taken whenever they go shopping in one of the bigger cities? Or is it just me?

I'm more inclined to think of the Mother in 1997 film  'The Devils Advocate' with Keanu Reeves & Al Pacino, where Kevin (Reeves) is being lectured by his Mother about moving to New York City...

Alice: Let me tell you about New York  Edinburgh.
"Fallen, fallen, is Babylon.
It has become a dwelling place of demons." Revelation 18.
Wouldn't hurt you to look it over.
Kevin: Couldn't forget it if I tried.
Alice: Oh, really? And what happened to Babylon?
Kevin: "Thou mighty city, in one hour has thy mighty judgement come.
And the light of a single lamp shall shine in thee no more."

God botherer.

3 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

I'm more inclined to think of the Mother in 1997 film  'The Devils Advocate' with Keanu Reeves & Al Pacino, where Kevin (Reeves) is being lectured by his Mother about moving to New York City...

Alice: Let me tell you about New York  Edinburgh.
"Fallen, fallen, is Babylon.
It has become a dwelling place of demons." Revelation 18.
Wouldn't hurt you to look it over.
Kevin: Couldn't forget it if I tried.
Alice: Oh, really? And what happened to Babylon?
Kevin: "Thou mighty city, in one hour has thy mighty judgement come.
And the light of a single lamp shall shine in thee no more."

God botherer.

With the repeated disgust aimed at whores, junkies and alcoholics, I initially thought it might have been a bit more Travis Bickle:

All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Inch, Marchmont, I take 'em to Stockbridge. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take schemies. Don't make no difference to me

2 hours ago, Crroma said:

You just have to share your home with some of the worst junkies, whores, alcoholics and scum around.

Absolutely right, I just walked along Clerk Street and 2 auld alkies - one of whom was being held upright by a wee  crack hoor - were arguing with 2 young junkie laddies outside the Chinese Supermarket (I kinda had to step through them to get in :lol:).

Thing is, its not like its dangerous, it just adds a wee bit of fun to daily life.

As for the jobby infested Costa toilet ? Thats what you get when you go to a chain coffee shop, try a wee local one next time m9.

In fact, you have made such a James Hunt of yourself on this thread I am going to throw you a greenie - just for the shits and giggles.

I've heard people up here say "Edinburgh people don't call a spade, a spade, they call it a trowel".

A trowel is still a spade but it doesn't matter what you call it when its got shite on top and thats what Edinburgh is. Shite.

I've never known Edinburgh folks to take enough time off from wallowing in booze, filth, depravity and miscellaneous decadence to form an opinion on the correct taxonomy of agricultural machinery. If it's got wheels, it's a tractor, otherwise it's a trowel - what else is there?

I like Edinburgh. It is a grand day out. Far superior to Glasgow in every respect. 

I was born in Perth, grew up in Perth. Then left. It's always nice to go back to see family and friends, enjoy a few pints of T, but a stroll through the town doesn't fill me with joy these days.  

Glasgow is pretty shite too, Scottish cities are all shite. There is little to like. There is so much great land and nature and scenery in Scotland. Why the f**k would anyone care what the cities look like? A grey lifeless necropolis full of alcoholics and addicts.

Cities. Pretty much the worst Scotland has to offer.

31 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I like Edinburgh. It is a grand day out. Far superior to Glasgow in every respect. 

I like Edinburgh but it’s nonsense to say it’s better than Glasgow in every respect. Nightlife and people for starters are far better in Glasgow.

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Anyway, let's fuckin pump these fucking  green and white gimps. 

Scenes like this please

Zr2G8LI.gif.402369ed0497252517d374073e001776.gif.bcde4e0992bd4939a75ce620bf6bb3e7.gif

Take it shes just found out we're playing 4-4-2 with Swanson and MOH either side of Watt and Kennedy?

20 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I like Edinburgh but it’s nonsense to say it’s better than Glasgow in every respect. Nightlife and people for starters are far better in Glasgow.

I disagree, hence my comment. 

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Take it shes just found out we're playing 4-4-2 with Swanson and MOH either side of Watt and Kennedy?

I remember that Danny Swanson, and what a role he played in helping us win games in the second half of last season. if we were a goal or two ahead and it's 2 minutes into extra time, you could safely take one of the forwards, or possibly a midfielder, off and put Swanson on; he was great for burning up maybe 45-seconds to a minute of gametime. You just know when the fourth official held that board up he'd walk onto that pitch, without being either too fast or too slow. Without a doubt, one of the best last-minute timewasting subs in the SPFL. Kudos for snatching him from us.

13 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I remember that Danny Swanson, and what a role he played in helping us win games in the second half of last season. if we were a goal or two ahead and it's 2 minutes into extra time, you could safely take one of the forwards, or possibly a midfielder, off and put Swanson on; he was great for burning up maybe 45-seconds to a minute of gametime. You just know when the fourth official held that board up he'd walk onto that pitch, without being either too fast or too slow. Without a doubt, one of the best last-minute timewasting subs in the SPFL. Kudos for snatching him from us.

I mean, thats virtually the role hes played for us tbf, but these posts probably are best made after games. 

Archived