St Johnstone vs Hibernian

Oh god do we have to?

I have no idea what the manager will do this time out. He talked about wanting to add a bit of consistency to his team selection and we didn't play badly against Aberdeen but, if we're being honest, we didn't look like scoring after going 1 behind. Prior to that we were probably the better team and, but for a couple of mistakes, matched them pretty well across the park.

Still, 6 defeats in our last 7 and only 1 goal scored in that run of games. I know it's been about as awful a run of fixtures as you can get in Scottish football but that doesn't exactly inspire much confidence now that we're starting to go into a run against sides around/below us in the table.

I wouldn't be surprised if we stuck to the shape that we saw on Saturday, In the manager's shoes, I'd probably drop Craig or Goss for Alston as they're too similar and Alston would give the lone striker more support than either of those two will and I'd probably drop Kane for Watt and maybe Wotherspoon for O'Halloran if he is fit. Foster's current form merits a dropping too, but when you have Aaron Comrie as the alternative, I think I'll take my chances with Mr Grumpypants picking up some form again.

I'd take a score draw if offered now. We need to stop the rot and find the back of the net again. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on MOH's fitness?

Bell

Foster, Kerr, Shaughnessy, Tanser

MOH/Alston, Craig, Davidson, Wotherspoon/Swanson

Watt, Kennedy.

Back to the basics - more or less the spine of the team that saw us through the good pre-Christmas run. Hibs' back line looked dubious at best against Dundee - we've got to go and try and get the first goal and build from there.

St Johnstone have been our bogey team under Lennon, just as Falkirk were under Stubbs.

Of course, when we changed managers, we began swording Falkirk regularly.

Using that watertight logic, I literally cannot imagine any way in which this doesn't end up being at least 3-0 to Hibs.

Sorry, I mean "big game" and all those usual, diddy cliches.

20 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Can’t even remember the last time we beat St Johnstone tbh.

Henderson dived (Perthshire slang for 'blatantly fouled') and Cummings scored the penalty before getting it right up the tory farmers in the Roseburn.

St Johnstone equalised pretty quickly and then John McGinn won it in the second half with a daisy cutter from about 45 yards out.

Happier times.

A real six pointer, and just highlights how theres no easy games at this level.

Need an improvement from the weekend and everyone will need to give 110% for us to get anything. First goal will be massive.

Usually against whatever team we play, I have something hateful to say about them. The fact that I have nothing hateful to say about the perthshire fermers makes me hate them even more. :angry:

I don't care what the result is. As long as we score at  least 6 and don't concede any.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Need an improvement from the weekend and everyone will need to give 110% for us to get anything. First goal will be massive.

I am really tired today and cant tell if this post is ironic?

If not you just won the P&B wankword bingo comp for this season.

18 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I am really tired today and cant tell if this post is ironic?

If not you just won the P&B wankword bingo comp for this season.

17 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Delete. 

ETA: f**k sake, whooshed by Random Guy. Delete my account. 

^ a bunch of guid honest laddies, IMO.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Andy Walker would be proud of this.

fuckme.png

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

Foster's current form merits a dropping too, but when you have Aaron Comrie as the alternative, I think I'll take my chances with Mr Grumpypants picking up some form again. 

After seeing clips of Comrie being tied in fucking knots by Motherwells reserves this afternoon, youd imagine we're at the stage where we'd be more likely to move Shaughnessy there and have Gordon/Keown central than start Comrie.

Archived