Hearts v Celtic

1 minute ago, LordHawHaw said:

I think most "solutions " would have issues.

I'm suggesting if Aberdeen fans dont like songs from visiting Celtic and Rangers fans, and I would think Celtic / Rangers would be most named, then they ask Aberdeen FC not to provide them with tickets home fans only. It not the ideal solution but most likely the easiest. Well aware cup games etc would be an issue but it would be a good start

Do you not think this is going to result in Rangers and Celtic fans singing their songs more frequently at home than ever before?

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LordHawHaw said:

I think most "solutions " would have issues.

I'm suggesting if Aberdeen fans dont like songs from visiting Celtic and Rangers fans, and I would think Celtic / Rangers would be most named, then they ask Aberdeen FC not to provide them with tickets home fans only. It not the ideal solution but most likely the easiest. Well aware cup games etc would be an issue but it would be a good start

Right - still slightly confused, but you are suggesting that (in this example) Aberdeen fans ask Aberdeen not to sell tickets to Rangers/Celtic?

Doesnt really deal with the root of the problem, eh?

10 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

It would be a legal minefield  for police and government to implement, clubs don't want anything to do with  it.

It's not a easy thing to do I'd suggest.

Simplest thing would be fans of clubs to get their clubs to ban away supporters from the clubs they deem to be singing songs they dont approve of

I agree but it's not a coincidence the same fans get away tickets through loyality schemes.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Do you not think this is going to result in Rangers and Celtic fans singing their songs more frequently at home than ever before?

I can only speak for myself at Celtic park, although I dont go to games now after 50 years of going home and away.

Do you get contentious songs from Celtic fans  at Celtic park?

1 hour ago, LordHawHaw said:

Given lots of away trip are boys days out (particularly amongst the 7k away fans Celtic and Rangers potentially have)  alcohol reduces inhibitions and generally this is where you get "contentious" singing. 

This a lot shite. We've had Celtic at 7:45 on a Wednesday, and 12 on a Saturday, and the exact same songs get sung. Blaming alcohol is pathetic.

I have sympathy for a Celtic fan on here defending his right to sing songs from the community that his club came from, I personally don't have a problem with that.

His club came from the IRA?

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I dont hear songs at Celtic park that I would describe as contentious,  nor that I would think most opposition fans would either

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Right - still slightly confused, but you are suggesting that (in this example) Aberdeen fans ask Aberdeen not to sell tickets to Rangers/Celtic?

Doesnt really deal with the root of the problem, eh?

Yes to part one, Aberdeen dont sell tickets to Celtic or Rangers fans, I'd actually would love to the results of a dons ballot on this topic.

No it does not really deal with seemingly root of the problem as flagged on messageboards

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I agree but it's not a coincidence the same fans get away tickets through loyality schemes.

I went home and away for many years, most of the contentious songs only really are sung away, or in pubs etc

I hasten to add I do not find most of these songs wrong or even contentious,  I dont sing them but they dont bother me

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This a lot shite. We've had Celtic at 7:45 on a Wednesday, and 12 on a Saturday, and the exact same songs get sung. Blaming alcohol is pathetic.

His club came from the IRA?

I could have made that clearer, not solely blaming alcohol, I'm saying the away support for many reasons generally sing what would be contentious songs,  that you dont generally hearat Celtic park

Whether we like it or not lots of Celtic fans of Irish extraction wanted Irish  independence from Westminster and I assume from the songs about the IRA supported them in that 

21 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

I can only speak for myself at Celtic park, although I dont go to games now after 50 years of going home and away.

Do you get contentious songs from Celtic fans  at Celtic park?

Come on...

My pal would always tell me you didn't hear it at home games. Now gets regular use of his colleagues season ticket and said it's quite bad near the Green Brigade section.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

This is turning into the fitba equivalent of the Red Army and the Nazis arguing about who did the worst murdering and raping in WWII

I thought after the recent furore, we were all agreed that the answer to this is Winston Churchill?

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Come on...

My pal would always tell me you didn't hear it at home games. Now gets regular use of his colleagues season ticket and said it's quite bad near the Green Brigade section.

Where I sat at Celtic park I dont think since the redevelopment I heard songs I would have heard in the old Celtic park, it may a difference between what your mate and I think are bad songs

4 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Where I sat at Celtic park I dont think since the redevelopment I heard songs I would have heard in the old Celtic park, it may a difference between what your mate and I think are bad songs

Well to his mind, anything glorifying the IRA is bad...

That's his opinion I would not knock it, singing songs generally does not bother me

Loyalty schemes should actually provide clubs with a means of making a proportionate response to the sort of low level bad behaviour that doesn’t merit an actual ban but shouldn’t be ignored

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You will need to explain were I've  been wrong?

I posted a link to a Rangers fan getting the jail for singing The Billy Boys right after you had said "you can't get the jail for singing songs", so there's one for starters. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Loyalty schemes should actually provide clubs with a means of making a proportionate response to the sort of low level bad behaviour that doesn’t merit an actual ban but shouldn’t be ignored

This is where it gets hard,if say the tarts reported a celtic fan for bad behaviour and shared this to celtic what can Celtic do about it?

It's up to the tarts to take action because it happened in the budgie cage.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

This is where it gets hard,if say the tarts reported a celtic fan for bad behaviour and shared this to celtic what can Celtic do about it?

It's up to the tarts to take action because it happened in the budgie cage.

Couldn't that action involve talking to Celtic and getting the offender banned from Parkheid for a while? The pre-game tannoy announcement about football banning orders does work on the principle that you can be banned from all grounds for actual criminal offences which trigger a football banning order. What's to stop clubs unilaterally instituting a privatized version of that for behaviour that isn't severe enough to be criminal, but is severe enough to warrant ejection from football stadia?

2 hours ago, LordHawHaw said:

I dont hear songs at Celtic park that I would describe as contentious,  nor that I would think most opposition fans would either

I went home and away for many years, most of the contentious songs only really are sung away

Bollocks and bollocks. 

Archived