Hearts v Celtic

27 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I don't think there is any singing in mosques, full stop - pork-related or otherwise. A bit like Tynecastle for run-of-the-mill games. Devout muslims should  adopt Hearts as their team.

Just don't tell them you play at Swinecastle.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

People within a democratic country can sing what the hell they like.

If you really believe that, you are an extremely naive individual. All about the entitlement of Celtic fans in your eyes obviously.

13 hours ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Nup, singing wee songs only hurts feelings.

So you think that it would be acceptable in a football ground to sing a song calling Edouard a b**** b******? Really??

10 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Errrm, Willy. No they can’t. What century is it where you are living ?

Take a wee step back here,we are not living in a police state are you telling you want people jailed for singing a song at a football match?
You can't discriminate football fans from the rest of the country this is why the offensive behaviour at football act was repealed last year.
Bringing in strict liability will open a can of worms.
For me the main problem is the away support if the clubs where more responsible and put rules in place to who they sell the tickets too it would help.

31 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm sure someone in the Green Brigade is working on a version of "Flight of the Valk-IRA's" as we speak.

There is actually an entire Opera based on the novel Heart of Midlothian. Jeanie Deans it was premiered in 1894 at the Lyceum 

HMFC went on to win the League while Hibs and St Bernards completed a unique capital treble by winning the second division and Scottish Cup respectively

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Take a wee step back here,we are not living in a police state are you telling you want people jailed for singing a song at a football match?
You can't discriminate football fans from the rest of the country this is why the offensive behaviour at football act was repealed last year.
For me the main problem is the away support if the clubs where more responsible and put rules in place to who they sell the tickets too it would help.

Depends on the context of the song, you cant walk up to a black guy in the street and fling racial slurs at him and not expect the jail, so why wouldnt you get the jail if you done the same at a football match.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No one is suggesting Football fans should be discriminated against, but the Bigots and Bampots who hide among them should be dealt with.

Willy, you and your kind who want to hide in a crowd to shout and sing slogans and songs of hatred and division are the problem, home, away,in the pub, on the way to the ground and anywhere else you can hide in the crowd.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If you really believe that, you are an extremely naive individual. All about the entitlement of Celtic fans in your eyes obviously.

This isn't just a Celtic problem where is the entitlement?
How do you go about stopping fans singing songs you don't like?

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Nobody asked if they wanted people jailed for singing songs, it’s a simple fact that people can be and have been jailed for singing songs. Strict liability is now going to happen, and the people to blame for this are the fans. Clubs have tried to get supporters to stop singing certain songs, but the supporters simply refuse to do it. 

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you're the club, identify them via some sort of videographic technology and don't let them into the stadium.

If you're the authorities, identify them via some sort of videographic technology and dock the club points if they haven't done anything after a reasonable period of time.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You don’t think that Celtic supporters believe that they can sing any song they like? You’re right that it isn’t only a Celtic problem, but they are far and away the worst. The way you try to get supporters to stop singing songs is to bring in strict liability. You can’t want something to stop and do nothing about it, so strict liability it is.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

At the likes of Tynecastle, ER, Pittodrie - it would be easy. Just stop selling Celtic and Rangers more than a couple of hundred tickets. That smaller number will be much more easily policed.

1 minute ago, killiekranky said:

No one is suggesting Football fans should be discriminated against, but the Bigots and Bampots who hide among them should be dealt with.

Willy, you and your kind who want to hide in a crowd to shout and sing slogans and songs of hatred and division are the problem, home, away,in the pub, on the way to the ground and anywhere else you can hide in the crowd.

I leave my politics at the turnstile and why would I sing a song about the IRA that has been dead for 20 years.
Nobody is hiding 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

I leave my politics at the turnstile and why would I sing a song about the IRA that has been dead for 20 years.
Nobody is hiding 

I don't hear many solo's when I am going about my everyday business, only when they are hiding in the crowd.

9 minutes ago, Killie87 said:

Depends on the context of the song, you cant walk up to a black guy in the street and fling racial slurs at him and not expect the jail, so why wouldnt you get the jail if you done the same at a football match.

The Hibs fan caught on camera (a few weeks back) at the exact moment he shouted 'black b*****d' and was broadcast across the BT Sports coverage is an example of someone being collared for just that. 

Openly attacking Catholics, beyond tedious crap about the 'RA (from people of an age that would probably crap their pants if they ever found themselves on a Belfast street in the 70's) and so on makes you wonder just how much our society has really changed. 

At Dens I recall a rape case involving a DUtd player a few years back.  I had to sit there listening to Dees fan - who, since it involved a United player - seemed to suddenly find singing songs about it hilarious.  Rape apparently was funny, something to sing and laugh about cos?...well it was a United player eh?

Beggars belief the thinking.  And it isn't a 'few' as sports media always desperately try to imply.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You don’t think that Celtic supporters believe that they can sing any song they like? You’re right that it isn’t only a Celtic problem, but they are far and away the worst. The way you try to get supporters to stop singing songs is to bring in strict liability. You can’t want something to stop and do nothing about it, so strict liability it is.

The problem with strict liability is the clubs would lose dosh this is why they won't bring it in.
Clubs take care of their own house weeding out the idiots in the away support is the main problem.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

The problem with strict liability is the clubs would lose dosh this is why they won't bring it in.
Clubs take care of their own house weeding out the idiots in the away support is the main problem.

You are going to be proved wrong about strict liability. It is all that is left for Scottish football. It is high priority this time and it’s not going away. I never, ever thought that Sportscene would be discussing IRA songs, but that’s what happened on Wednesday. Steve Clarke has started a revolution which isn’t going to stop.

Think it's extremely naive to be so certain of strict liability. willy has been completely wrong on almost everything, but he's not wrong on the clubs taking care of themselves. One of the worst ways to punish a club would be to hit them in the pocket, and that will never get support from a boardroom level, which is the only level that matters with these things.

Archived