Hearts v Celtic

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

People within a democratic country can sing what the hell they like.

I tried singing the Peppa Pig theme in a mosque. I was strongly advised to leave.

Guest Moomintroll
He got shot trying to first foot Brookeborough RUC Barracks. 
Unfortunately for him, instead of bringing a bottle of liquor and a lump of coal, he brought a gun, so he managed to get himself killed.
He and his fellow terrorist were dumped by their comrades, so they weren't shown much respect by them.
What I love about that song is the complete ambiguity around the other guy "from near the border". Must have had a name that didn't scan as well, in fact maybe that is Phill mcgoobledeegooks origin story.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is plenty of Scottish songs that offend the snowflakes,

Er, no.

Are you 14 or thereabouts?

Funny how the haters, from any team - including the utter pondlife that claim to follow my own - can refrain from dodgy songs in most aspects of everyday living - at work, shopping, taking kids to schook, at uni etc.... But, in a large crowd on a street or in a stadium they suddenly feel the urge to defend Derrys fkcn walls or sing about the hunger strikers. Hell, even the terrorists in the Six Counties have laid down their arms. But you lot are still singing about it? Jeezo....

What I love about that song is the complete ambiguity around the other guy "from near the border". Must have had a name that didn't scan as well, in fact maybe that is Phill mcgoobledeegooks origin story.

I always thought Sean was from south of Garryowen, mibee one of those new build housing estates at the edge of town.

As to game... was strongly inclined to get Levein to France after recent games. Can't argue with the attitude last night though. Brandon's daft red spoiled it. Can't blame the manager for that.

However, can CL actually win us anything and have us seriously challenging for the league? Can't see it. Will be another tale of mediocrity and soulless football broken up by the odd glorious blip - beating Celtic on occasion or Hibs. I just hope Budge has someone in mind to take over at the end of the season.

Guest Moomintroll

I always thought Sean was from south of Garryowen, mibee one of those new build housing estates at the edge of town.
He wouldn't have heard the seagulls from there.

9 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Er, no.

Are you 14 or thereabouts?

Funny how the haters, from any team - including the utter pondlife that claim to follow my own - can refrain from dodgy songs in most aspects of everyday living - at work, shopping, taking kids to schook, at uni etc.... But, in a large crowd on a street or in a stadium they suddenly feel the urge to defend Derrys fkcn walls or sing about the hunger strikers. Hell, even the terrorists in the Six Counties have laid down their arms. But you lot are still singing about it? Jeezo....

Nobody will get the jail for singing a song.

The other guy, Fergal O'Hanlon, was from County Monaghan. 'Near the border' is sometimes substituted for 'County Monaghan' in the song.

Just in to educate. Will leave the heads gone for everyone else.

17 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

As to game... was strongly inclined to get Levein to France after recent games. Can't argue with the attitude last night though. Brandon's daft red spoiled it. Can't blame the manager for that.

However, can CL actually win us anything and have us seriously challenging for the league? Can't see it. Will be another tale of mediocrity and soulless football broken up by the odd glorious blip - beating Celtic on occasion or Hibs. I just hope Budge has someone in mind to take over at the end of the season.

Challenging for the league? Rangers are back, what steps can a manager outwith the top two do to get players in to overcome both of us, looks to me we are back to 1 and 2 decided before a ball is kicked

Just think, if both sides stopped singing these stupid political songs in an inappropriate setting and expressed their religious views at church instead, a lot of the violence and hatred that exists in Scottish society might be reduced.

It'll never happen, of course, because neither side is prepared to back down until the other side does so first. So utterly pathetic.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You need to learn about history,the SNP have the majority but won't declare Scottish independence because lives will be lost.
The British government would not accept it just like they did in Ireland after the Easter rising,the Irish stood up to a man and forced the British out.

To a man ? Hard to know exactly what %  were for independence in 1916. There wasn’t a referendum held in Ireland, was there ?  What is clear is that a sizeable minority were so against independence they were actually prepared to fight to remain in the Union. So your “to a man” assertion is just pish.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is plenty of Scottish songs that offend the snowflakes,

Errrm, Willy. No they can’t. What century is it where you are living ?

Archived