Hearts v Celtic

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A break away goal and a last minute winner, it doesn’t get much better than that.

Two last minute goals in tough away games recently are the difference between Celtic being four and eight points ahead. 

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I am in my 40's and today is the first time in my life I have ever seen  or heard the phrase "Sean South of Garryowen".

I am pleased about that

I wish I could say the same. Coming from Glasgow, I was familiar with it in my teens. It's a banging tune, which always helps the tribal hatred go down.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah because if you clamped down on that, you know that your lot would face just as much punishment.

Nup, singing wee songs only hurts feelings. Throwing coins will have someones eye out eventually. Poor Neil was almost killed a few months back from a thrown coin. People have short memories.

He got shot trying to first foot Brookeborough RUC Barracks. 

Unfortunately for him, instead of bringing a bottle of liquor and a lump of coal, he brought a gun, so he managed to get himself killed.

He and his fellow terrorist were dumped by their comrades, so they weren't shown much respect by them.

3 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Nup, singing wee songs only hurts feelings. Throwing coins will have someones eye out eventually. Poor Neil was almost killed a few months back from a thrown coin. People have short memories.

Unlike your mob, who still sing about 1690.

32 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I am in my 40's and today is the first time in my life I have ever seen  or heard the phrase "Sean South of Garryowen".

I am pleased about that

Same here. 

Sounds like the lovechild of a couple of the Take That boys. 

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

I thought you were a harmless, doddery old  man. But I now see you are a dangerous, doddery old man. Why would we Scots need to take up the gun ? We just have to vote SNP in big enough numbers and even the big bad Unionists will agree another  Indyref.  What are you wittering on about guns for ?

You need to learn about history,the SNP have the majority but won't declare Scottish independence because lives will be lost.
The British government would not accept it just like they did in Ireland after the Easter rising,the Irish stood up to a man and forced the British out.

I like learning and watching shows about history as much as the next guy, some of its quite interesting, but just can’t get my head round why people can get so passionate about shit that happened decades, or even centuries before they were born. Going on about wars, singing songs, tattoos, marches etc, I don’t see the point, each to their own I suppose.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Killing any human being is wrong, over 3,000 people have died in the troubles 3 times more than the Falklands war.
The subservient Scots will never take up the gun it's become a alright jack nation it doesn't believe in itself.
Most of Ireland won their independence by the gun I respect the idea of that and why people sing songs about it.
Freedom of speech is a big part of living in democratic country whether you like it or not.
Feck the snowflakes and the offended generation.Sticks and fecking stones.

Aye, ..................but what the feck has that got to do with football :wacko:

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You need to learn about history,the SNP have the majority but won't declare Scottish independence because lives will be lost.
The British government would not accept it just like they did in Ireland after the Easter rising,the Irish stood up to a man and forced the British out.

Nurse !!!

49 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A break away goal and a last minute winner, it doesn’t get much better than that.

1st goal from the hearts end.

Got to love the old boy in the middle waving it looks like.:) sitting down for a wee rest then getting up to wave some more, Hearts fans seem to appreciate the beauty of the pass from Burke to Forrest

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yeah but if you started the uprising in Scotland and called men to arms,  just think, a football club in 100 years might be singing songs about wastecoatwilly. You would be so proud.

I literally could not care less about the history or politics of Ireland. Can those who are interested in such things please take them to a historical society or a political debating society, and keep them out of football?

Thanks in advance.

Archived