Hearts v Celtic

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If were wanting all Rebel songs banned will Scotland games just be ‘500 miles’ or something?

Maybe someday, someone in Scottish football will find a middle ground between songs designed to wind up folks by referencing terrorism or religiously motivated murder, and the other extreme of reciting anodyne pop songs. Sadly, there are limits to the human imagination, and currently, these are the only two possibilities.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Maybe someday, someone in Scottish football will find a middle ground between songs designed to wind up folks by referencing terrorism or religiously motivated murder, and the other extreme of reciting anodyne pop songs. Sadly, there are limits to the human imagination, and currently, these are the only two possibilities.

My point really is a blanket ban or charge is not really possible or enforceable, as proven by failed and utterly shambolic behaviour at football act.  

I  would start off with songs/chants which are absolutely beyond doubt racist/sectarian and work from there.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What would you say was better dying in your sleep or dying for something you believe in?

I'm sure South's hero -  one A. Hitler, esq. - believed in killing the Jews. That didn't make it right.

And I'm sure South believed in killing RUC personell. That didn't make it right, either.

So I suppose it depends what you believe in, and how normal people would look on said beliefs.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What would you say was better dying in your sleep or dying for something you believe in?

That's a bit vague, m8. Could you be a bit more specific about what kind of death and what sort of beliefs we are talking about? I strongly believe that simulation should be a straight red card but to be perfectly honest, I'm not prepared to be beheaded for it. 

BBC leading with an image of Celtic players and management clapping the stand of fans at Tynecastle just as they did at Rugby Park after sectarian abuse of Boyd, coin-throwing, encroaching upon the field of play, and throwing pyrotechnics onto the surface.

Surely those weapons need tempered rather than encouraged.

A really shoddy, entitled shower from the bottom, up.

12 minutes ago, ValencianKillie said:

BBC leading with an image of Celtic players and management clapping the stand of fans at Tynecastle just as they did at Rugby Park after sectarian abuse of Boyd, coin-throwing, encroaching upon the field of play, and throwing pyrotechnics onto the surface.

Sely those weapons need tempered rather than encouraged.

A really shoddy, entitled shower from the bottom, up.

Do what I do and dont buy a licence although that's not ideology driven I'm just a mean cnut

19 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Played really well, and deserved at least a point - disappointed with the result, obviously, but very pleased with the performance - especially playing most of the game with ten men. 

This. Gutted at the time and it feels like a missed opportunity but on reflection cause for some optimism. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm sure South's hero -  one A. Hitler, esq. - believed in killing the Jews. That didn't make it right.

And I'm sure South believed in killing RUC personell. That didn't make it right, either.

So I suppose it depends what you believe in, and how normal people would look on said beliefs.

Killing any human being is wrong, over 3,000 people have died in the troubles 3 times more than the Falklands war.
The subservient Scots will never take up the gun it's become a alright jack nation it doesn't believe in itself.
Most of Ireland won their independence by the gun I respect the idea of that and why people sing songs about it.
Freedom of speech is a big part of living in democratic country whether you like it or not.
Feck the snowflakes and the offended generation.Sticks and fecking stones.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Killing any human being is wrong, over 3,000 people have died in the troubles 3 times more than the Falklands war.
The subservient Scots will never take up the gun it's become a alright jack nation it doesn't believe in itself.
Most of Ireland won their independence by the gun I respect the idea of that and why people sing songs about it.
Freedom of speech is a big part of living in democratic country whether you like it or not.

I thought you were a harmless, doddery old  man. But I now see you are a dangerous, doddery old man. Why would we Scots need to take up the gun ? We just have to vote SNP in big enough numbers and even the big bad Unionists will agree another  Indyref.  What are you wittering on about guns for ?

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Bit of a contradiction there, surely.

11 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

The songs are a rid neck.

I fucking love beating Hearts though. Especially in injury time  :thumsup2

The Brendan Rogers bullet from the IRA one made me chuckle at the imbecile Celtic supporters.:)

Archived