Hearts v Celtic

He’s not in Robbo’s class hence why they are both where they are career wise.

To be fair, Robertson has 3 or 4 years on Tierney. I’d hope Tierney makes the move south this summer and pushes on from there. Great for the national team to have the “problem” of two high quality left backs.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the sending off. Never a red. Both players jump with arms high. No elbowing movement by Brandon. Not even sure if he actually catches him in the face - and to be fair to Toljan he doesn't do any holding the face nonsense. It's a foul, but that's all. Not even worth a yellow.  McLean has had a rush of blood to the head. But, hey ho. Glasgow refs can make these wild decisions - just not against Glasgow teams. Got their windows to worry about.

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Just watched the sending off. Never a red. Both players jump with arms high. No elbowing movement by Brandon. Not even sure if he actually catches him in the face - and to be fair to Toljan he doesn't do any holding the face nonsense. It's a foul, but that's all. Not even worth a yellow.  McLean has had a rush of blood to the head. But, hey ho. Glasgow refs can make these wild decisions - just not against Glasgow teams. Got their windows to worry about.

I’d say a red was fair. I don’t think there was any intent there but it looked very dangerous, completely needless - one of those the player should be blamed not the referee.

Take the maroon tinted specs off, even Levein had no complaints. To say that it wasn't even a yellow is just sheer delusional.

Just now, WeeMentalDavie said:
5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Take the maroon tinted specs off, even Levein had no complaints. To say that it wasn't even a yellow is just sheer delusional.

Levein presumably hasn't seen the video. You reckon it was more dangerous than Broonie's karate kick ? Take yer green-tinted specs off

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Levein presumably hasn't seen the video. You reckon it was more dangerous than Broonie's karate kick ? Take yer green-tinted specs off

As a completely unbiased neutral with no axe to grind, I think that the foul was definitely a yellow. A red was perhaps on the harsh side, but I fully support the referee in his decisionmaking tonight, and the result was completely 100% fair and above board.

I doubt he'd say what he did if he hadn't.

Good to see Brown is causing you pain as usual.

Brandon's challenge is far more dangerous. If you're looking for a more accurate comparison, search for Simunovic v Hibs.

Archived