Killie v Motherwell

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's defo not Saturday as we're in Tenerife.

Motherwell and the SPFL want it Wednesday but would mean us coming back early.

Motherwell last night wanted it on Saturday but we refused. Funny that, as Motherwell were dead against the weekend fixture when we originally wanted it moved and stuck to the midweek slot and we therefore booked a 5 day training camp for this weekend in Tenerife!

Can't be Wednesday, I've got an exam on Thursday morning.  Who do I speak to about this?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main problem with scheduling this is that this weekend and next midweek are the only available dates before the split. There are obviously dates during the international break, but both teams will have several players away at that point.

19 minutes ago, Coooombe said:
33 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:
League seem to be pushing for Saturday which will see us have to cancel Tenerife.

Hope we are reimbursed if that's the case.

I heard we won't be.

18 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Any idea what Motherwell's issue with that is?

Not sure, I'm sure I heard originally that players had been given leave this weekend and some players/management had made plans to go back home e

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The main problem with scheduling this is that this weekend and next midweek are the only available dates before the split. There are obviously dates during the international break, but both teams will have several players away at that point.

Play it next midweek then.

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m sure you could forfeit the game and the players can still get their holidays. Either that or they could do their jobs and stop whining about it.

The players aren't likely to be the ones "whining about it" - it will be the senior people at the club who have paid money for a training camp only to be forced to cancel it to play a game on a date where neither club want it.

19 minutes ago, nsr said:

Killie could just award us a 3-0 win and not turn up. It'd be the decent thing for such morally upstanding gentlemen to do.

To be fair, I was surprised Motherwell didn't just complete the game after everyone had gone home last night.

I had heard rumours that they are not au fait with footballing  ettiquette.

Just now, killiekranky said:

To be fair, I was surprised Motherwell didn't just complete the game after everyone had gone home last night.

I had heard rumours that they are not au fait with footballing  ettiquette.

Killie are our BFFs so we decided to be nice, for once.

1 hour ago, Coooombe said:
2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:
League seem to be pushing for Saturday which will see us have to cancel Tenerife.

Hope we are reimbursed if that's the case.

Why? 

Its not like its the Winter break and you're being forced to play through it, you chose to pay for a holiday during a cup weekend when its not unknown for rearranged games to be played.

Archived