Killie v Motherwell

Weather was certainly a factor, but fair play to both sides for having a go in what seemed like a howling gale at times. Thought the first half was even, two good stops by Bachmann, Killie better second half, but a draw was right overall. Worrying lack of goals from us at the moment with none in five (and a half) games though.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Swello said:

The pricing argument strikes again - a great away support on a grim day, fuelled mostly by the fact that it was £5/3 to get in - I would imagine that the home crowd was slghtly up too....shame it was a weird situation that made the game affordable...

Any idea what the difference in attendance was between today's game and the postponed one?

I thought Alan Power was immense again despite probably being asked to play in an unnatural roll where he was the one going forward.

Power - Great
Dicker - Good
Tish- Average

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any idea what the difference in attendance was between today's game and the postponed one?

I know there were 650 'Well fans on Wed and 1500 today - that's a big step up. 

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Overall I thought Rodríguez Gorrín was the best player on the park

Tend to agree - he was our best player by a distance - the difference in the balance and quality of the midfield since New Year is almost embarrassing....

Tend to agree - he was our best player by a distance - the difference in the balance and quality of the midfield since New Year is almost embarrassing....

I’d like to think it was by design rather than luck that we got onto the Campbell, Rodríguez Gorrín and Turnbull midfield but I can’t be certain tbh.

7 hours ago, Swello said:

I know there were 650 'Well fans on Wed and 1500 today - that's a big step up. 

650 x £23 = £14950

1500 x £5 = £7500

Bit simplistic, but you can see why clubs don't lower prices to that extent. Even if only 75% of fans paid full price during the week, that's still £11212.

Comparing a midweek game to a weekend game isnt even fair anyway, as you'll always get a larger crowd at the weekend.

Why does Tish think he has acres of space and all the time in the world every time he gets the ball? So frustrating.

Power and Dicker, conversely, were excellent.  Grafted like f**k and never lost a ball.

As said before, the lack of goals since Judas Stewart left is a bit of a concern.

Also, Curtis Main is quite handsy isn't he?

14 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Very good Motherwell support today. After seeing the Hamilton support at Aberdeen of 36, it got me looking at the populations of the towns. Firstly, it surprised me Hamilton was 53k, 7k higher than Killie and much bigger than Motherwell. I believe you would normally add Motherwell and Wishaw together which makes their total bigger than Hamilton. Why is there such a big difference in the fan base of two clubs in the same area, with similar populations? Genuine question.

They were fitba gypsies for years, moved to broadwood or something, Also were utter shite.

Going back to the football, Tait’s overhead kick must be a baw hair away from being a goal going by the highlights. I wouldn’t mind seeing another angle. We were unlikely to get that lucky with goalkeeper errors twice in a few weeks tbh.

Guest Moomintroll
I’ve taught at least 7 different classes in Hamilton and haven’t taught an Accies fan yet. I don’t think the club does anything within schools to try and gain supporters.
^^ Big School found.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

650 x £23 = £14950

1500 x £5 = £7500

Bit simplistic, but you can see why clubs don't lower prices to that extent. Even if only 75% of fans paid full price during the week, that's still £11212.

Comparing a midweek game to a weekend game isnt even fair anyway, as you'll always get a larger crowd at the weekend.

£22 is the adult cost and that only accounts for about half of the crowd. The rest pay less.

Archived