Killie v Motherwell

23 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Why would Motherwell not have originally wanted to play on the Saturday...ever thought about that?

Buzzing to stay up late on Friday and watch a View from the Terrace, IMO.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious hat on, I really think that if the club were to come out and explain the reasons behind the decision to invalidate the vouchers then that would be sensible.  Not only would it put an end to all the banal speculation on this thread, but it would also allow all supporters the opportunity to make a decision on whether they feel it's reasonable to pay it or not.

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Over the years I have been at various abandoned games - St. Johnstone (snow), Falkirk (Brockville's crappy floodlights packed it in and they gave out thousands of tickets), Arbroath (wind) and a few games at Fir Park (small fire and local power cut spring to mind) and free entry for the attendees was offered on each occasion

I was at all of those abandoned games - and the Falkirk one in particular put me off the "voucher" stuff for life. Given that Brockville was an utter shitehole of a ground by then, trying to give out vouchers while everyone crushed down towards the exit in the dark was properly unsafe. 

I think letting everyone in for a nominal amount - £1 say - is the most efficient way to do this as everyone knows where they stand and there is no need to fanny about after the abandonment handing out cloakroom tickets to mobs of pissed off supporters. So - what Killie are doing is close to that approach and it's a case of working out if £5 is nominal enough for you...

Also - thank god the game is tomorrow and we don't need to discuss this any more...

I thought Kilmarnock handled the distribution of tickets quite well on this occasion (without going over everything else again). However we had gone down and waited in the small queue at the gate before it was officially abandoned as it was obvious it would be. I acknowledge the last to leave had issues.

I have 3 thoughts on this:

Firstly, great gesture by our club.

Secondly, fair enough to Killie...I don't really see the big deal with charging a "nominal amount" as I'm sure all the people who need paid to stage a game won't be accepting a "nominal amount" for the replay.

Thirdly, If you are in the situation where five pounds THAT important to you (which is fair enough, many people struggle to get to payday every month), then none of your money should be going on attending football in the first place.

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

Leave it to Well Fans II to deliver a SIZZLING hot take.

You_Doodle_2019-03-01T11_28_18Z.jpg

There are no words to describe the levels of thick in that group. Reading some of the stuff (the above included) makes me angry.

As some folk above have said we wont be making a single penny from the £5 fee, id imagine that will cover policing, stewarding and other outlays, that is a minter of a post about a boycott, your one of the #TB4 no need to resort to old firm patter, your better than that.

9 minutes ago, Al B said:

Every time someone posts up content from Well Fans II, it always makes me wonder if there is an "o" missing between the I and I.

What I really want to know is... how bad was Well Fans I, that a sequel was required?

3 hours ago, killiekranky said:

Archie please stay at home on Saturday, you are obviously cursed. 

Some would say i'm cursed just being a Motherwell supporter. Don't worry, there's a god chance I won't make it tomorrow due to other commitments.

Anyway, we have a game tomorrow. Strangely I'm less optimistic than I was going into Wednesday's game as we've sort of shown our strengths and Killie will be trying to work out ways to combat them. I fully expect a more concerted effort to double up on our wingers and Killie reverting to balls down the wing which were causing us bother before they started lumping high balls to Tom Aldred to head away unchallenged.

5 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Lets hope the floodlights don’t fail tomorrow the seethe will be apocalyptic.

They could always get Keith Lasley to have a look at them.

Or as he's known in Ayrshire, failed Trialist. 

10 minutes ago, Estragon said:

They could always get Keith Lasley to have a look at them.

Or as he's known in Ayrshire, failed Trialist. 

Mental that he's been retired for over a year now and still gets folk raging.

What a man.

Archived