Michael Jackson - Massive Nonce

ICTChris

Because if the story is true then he groomed and manipulated the boys entire families,  and gained their trust before the abuse began. He wasn't just famous at the time, he was the most famous person on earth and he would rather have spent time with those families than anyone else so he had gained their trust. Not saying I would do it myself but if they are telling the truth about it you can only imagine how star struck you would feel given the circumstances.
I think the idea that adults can be groomed is the big issue. Grooming is about children and maybe vulnerable people who are not quite able to judge things effectively.

These parents lacked basic judgment about the safety of their children. I'm only surprised that they're on the documentary telling their story like it's just a big adventure. I have only seen the first episode but I've not seen anything close to the emotional response that I'd expect - from people who are responsible for the sexual abuse of my own kids.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't seen the documentary but reading of Jackson's tactics on here sounds eerily similar to the abuser in Abducted In Plain Sight.  

I was about to recommend that to throbber, but something tells me he’s already seen it!

Talk about dedication to deviancy - pumping a whole family to get to one of the kids [emoji33]

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Because if the story is true then he groomed and manipulated the boys entire families,  and gained their trust before the abuse began. He wasn't just famous at the time, he was the most famous person on earth and he would rather have spent time with those families than anyone else so he had gained their trust. Not saying I would do it myself but if they are telling the truth about it you can only imagine how star struck you would feel given the circumstances.

I know what you’re saying, just imagine the biggest pop star on the planet wanting to be your friend. But surely you could have enjoyed all that came with that, but without the bed sharing. Surely that’s the least you would insist on, that this didn’t happen ffs. I can’t believe any parent would allow that to happen 

38 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Quite a thread

I wonder if there's some sort of scale.

Sell over 20M and you can get away with certain crimes.

1M and you can get away with battery.

5M and you can get away with sexual assault of an adult.

10M and you can get away with rape of an adult.

15M and you can get away with murder.

20M and you can get away with extreme noncing.

What a mental mindset.

The charity angle doesn't wash either, especially when you consider the Saville case.

In fact that exact case gives the whole charity aspect a rather sinister veneer.

49 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I know what you’re saying, just imagine the biggest pop star on the planet wanting to be your friend. But surely you could have enjoyed all that came with that, but without the bed sharing. Surely that’s the least you would insist on, that this didn’t happen ffs. I can’t believe any parent would allow that to happen 

It’s beyond me. The richest/most famous person in the world could be about to deposit £1 billion into my bank account but if they even mentioned sleeping in a bed with my child I’d at the very least never see/speak to them again, and more likely lose the rag and end up in court for kicking their noncey head in.

I vaguely remember a seedy Michael Jackson playground joke with a punchline "kids will do anything for Dairylea" when I was in Primary 5 (i.e. 1994), before I knew what it meant.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I think the idea that adults can be groomed is the big issue. Grooming is about children and maybe vulnerable people who are not quite able to judge things effectively.

These parents lacked basic judgment about the safety of their children. I'm only surprised that they're on the documentary telling their story like it's just a big adventure. I have only seen the first episode but I've not seen anything close to the emotional response that I'd expect - from people who are responsible for the sexual abuse of my own kids.

Striking parallel with Abducted in Plain Sight.  Grooming the family was a concept I wasn't aware of until a month ago.

43 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It’s beyond me. The richest/most famous person in the world could be about to deposit £1 billion into my bank account but if they even mentioned sleeping in a bed with my child I’d at the very least never see/speak to them again, and more likely lose the rag and end up in court for kicking their noncey head in.

They probably naively believed all the pish about him being a harmless overgrown child just like all the mental Michael Jackson fans currently do. 

Yeah I know, but they were taken in by him I suppose. He also didn’t suggest bed sharing he said the kids could sleep in with him when he had a massive suite in a hotel or an entire wing of his neverland ranch. Again, assuming that the stories are true, he wasn’t blatant about bed sharing from the word go and he was a patient and sophisticated groomer who was very manipulative to both the children and the parents at a time when noncery wasn’t as much of a thing as it is now.

29 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I vaguely remember a seedy Michael Jackson playground joke with a punchline "kids will do anything for Dairylea" when I was in Primary 5 (i.e. 1994), before I knew what it meant.

Striking parallel with Abducted in Plain Sight.  Grooming the family was a concept I wasn't aware of until a month ago.

I recall that joke as well!

I believe the set up was 'Why did Michael Jackson put Dairylea on his dick'?

There's also the horrible, but unfortunately does happen, alternative to the starstruck naive parents scenario.

Some parents "sell" their kids to abusers and "share" their kids with abusers.

That might be for drugs in some cases and big f**k off houses and the celebrity lifestyle in others.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

Id I go back to work this afternoon, I'll be making a list of nonce apologists. Unless something changes, you will be on it

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Talk about dedication to deviancy - pumping a whole family to get to one of the kids

He only took a ham shank off the dad...

Id I go back to work this afternoon, I'll be making a list of nonce apologists. Unless something changes, you will be on it

I’m not apologising for any nonces, I’m just saying the parents were victims of Jackson’s grooming/manipulation as well as the children and were in a situation that none of us can possibly relate to at the time.

Archived