THE INSIDE WORLD OF SCOTTISH REFEREEING

Very interesting article on Scottish Refereeing, training and promotion process. Pointing the finger at John Fleming for all the woes of our current officials. Forget the platform it has been written for, well worth a 5 minute read

http://etims.net/?p=13943&utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

21 minutes ago, singwhenyourwinning said:

Very interesting article on Scottish Refereeing, training and promotion process. Pointing the finger at John Fleming for all the woes of our current officials. Forget the platform it has been written for, well worth a 5 minute read

http://etims.net/?p=13943&utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

The sad things is there's absolutely nothing surprising about that article. 

I had a quick look at Crothers twitter and he does come across as rather bitter. Some questionable re-tweets too.

I like John Fleming,  he loves football in my opinion.

However nepotism has long been a accusation within refereeing circles in Scotland, as well as being transparent,  it needs to be seen and published as transparent,  a highly qualified head of refs outwith Scotland may be the way to go

We're all quick to have a go at refs when they have a bad day but never seem to praise them when they have a good game. Dallas yesterday was actually brilliant, let the game go well, wasn't card happy and didn't make it all about himself

53 minutes ago, Pepper said:

The sad things is there's absolutely nothing surprising about that article. 

I had a quick look at Crothers twitter and he does come across as rather bitter. Some questionable re-tweets too.

I never got that impression but hey ho - thought a lot of very good points made, with explanations. Wonder if he is still involved in the game at lower level

Guest Moomintroll
Wonder if any ref can explain why this wasn't a penalty. Asking for a friend.
20190224_200653.thumb.jpg.db5f0602efc90f523c99d0760a33223c.jpg
From the still image, that is a penal offence. The reason it was not a penalty is that the referee involved appears to like his windows being intact.

4 hours ago, singwhenyourwinning said:

You are not that daft, Shirley?

52 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I don't know, but is high feet an offence punishable by an indirect free kick only?

"high feet" comes under playing in a dangerous manner which is an indirect free kick, however if an offence involves contact it is a direct free kick/penalty.

14 hours ago, singwhenyourwinning said:

etims? :lol:

No thank you.

On 25/02/2019 at 04:39, tumbleweed said:

Wonder if any ref can explain why this wasn't a penalty. Asking for a friend.

20190224_200653.jpg

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's because some refs are spineless shitebags when it comes to either cheek. 

Archived