Ross County vs Ayr United: Tuesday 26th

We have to be looking for 9 points out of 9 in these 3 home games. You can't open up a 5 point lead at the top and then start dropping points at home and letting teams back into it surely to god! It's Time to show they actually want to win it now.

Tonight won't be easy though as Ayr haven't become a bad side overnight and are more than  capable of pulling off a result.

County would surely have to be gutted at anything other than a win tonight but, who knows what could happen. It's football and it's the scottish Championship!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

What i'm seeing here is that Ross County like to play 4-5-1 here, meaning that they have an extra midfielder to pick up loose balls and winning more 50/50s.

Now the sensible thing here is not to play 4-4-2, teams have sussed us out using that, i'd happily play 3-5-2 to change things up, with mark kerr playing in top of a triangle with Docherty and Murdoch behind him.

If we stick to 4-4-2, it'll the same outcome in the midfield but with Ross County having more quality players.

No chance we are dropping Smith and Harvie, If anything we would have a back 5 if we changed shape.  

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Be great to see a solid Ayr win tonight but that seems rather unlikely.

Cut the gap on us and then go back three points behind is a strange position to take? Surely its a draw you are after.  

16 minutes ago, BuieCounty said:

We have to be looking for 9 points out of 9 in these 3 home games. You can't open up a 5 point lead at the top and then start dropping points at home and letting teams back into it surely to god! It's Time to show they actually want to win it now.

Tonight won't be easy though as Ayr haven't become a bad side overnight and are more than  capable of pulling off a result.

County would surely have to be gutted at anything other than a win tonight but, who knows what could happen. It's football and it's the scottish Championship!

Aye, its been months tbf.  

I feel a little bit like I did when we played Dundee United, so here's hoping...

Crawford to pull the strings like the opening league game against Thistle, and Harvie to bomb forward with pinpoint accurate crossing. Shankland to dominate in another 4 goal haul. All worries blown away.

(We can but dream)

Mon Ayr.

Think the midfield battle will be key in this, we ran it in the first half last time in Dingwall before Ayr went a bit more direct. Can we see either Draper or Spence on Kerr as much as possible? He's generally very good with the ball at his feet but has never been the quickest or most physical.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

No chance we are dropping Smith and Harvie, If anything we would have a back 5 if we changed shape.  

We could put Smith on the Right midfield, someone how could track back and get forward well, and Miller on the other side, with Adams rose and muirhead as the back 3

32 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Good to see BBC Alba is having a huge pre match build up to this one.

5 minutes, better not miss it, about four minutes will probably be speaking to the managers.

1st vs 2nd stuff, i watched it against Dundee United and the footage was crap, it kept zooming in on players instead of actually showing us the game.

Thank christ this is on ALBA, had a lift lined up at 6:30 so ignored the last bus I can catch but my lift is currently drunk. Oh well. I'll have to deal with teutcher banter for two hours.

Why the f**k have we gone with a midfield of midgets against a tall team, at least it looks like Robbie Crawford won't be left but Murdoch is right mid which isn't much better. Team is:

Doohan

Smith Rose Adams Harvie 

Murdoch Docherty Crawford Miller

Moffat Shankland

Why the f**k have we gone with a midfield of midgets against a tall team, at least it looks like Robbie Crawford won't be left but Murdoch is right mid which isn't much better. Team is:
Doohan
Smith Rose Adams Harvie 
Murdoch Docherty Crawford Miller
Moffat Shankland

Would’ve preferred Muirhead playing with either him or Adams in midfield but I’m relieved to see Crawford not shoehorned out wide.

Realistically we were never playing with 2 wingers away from home.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Would’ve preferred Muirhead playing with either him or Adams in midfield but I’m relieved to see Crawford not shoehorned out wide.

Realistically we were never playing with 2 wingers away from home.

Pleased Muirhead is out of the team, wasn't impressed with him on Saturday. Adams will hopefully deal with the height of their striker Stewart and it's a relief to see Draper is still out for them.

Archived