Ross County vs Ayr United: Tuesday 26th

County could effectively kill off Ayr United's title challenge in this one. Or they could lose the nice wee cushion that was established yesterday. 

After yesterday's second half, it's difficult to justify dropping anyone but on yesterday's first half I'd have expected a few changes. Presumably Draper is injured (or rested?) so I assume he'll be absent for this one, which I think is a real loss - despite the second half performances of Spence/Lindsay. Boyle will be out, so Grivosti in at CB? 

I think matching up against Ayr's midfield 4 might not be the best idea and would rather see County go some variation on a 4-5-1 but SK/SF appear to have the Adams trait of not changing a winning team. Hopefully Armstrong gets some game time, and Paton too. 

The first of three home games in a row: I'd take a draw at the moment.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There must be something else on telly on a tuesday night. Corrie, Emmerdale, a leaf getting blown off a tree. 

Anything would be better than seeing Daniel Harive and Robbie Crawford on the same wing. 

The SFA should be shot for this being aired for us to suffer. 

Unlike a lot of Ayr fans I’ve not yet conceded the title however failure to win up in Dingwall and the towel will be getting chucked in. 

Don’t think there will be many Ayr fans there on Tuesday night. Was supposed to be a bus running but seen that has been cancelled due to lack of numbers- Can’t really blame anyone for not travelling, 10hr round trip on a Tuesday night for a game which is on TV and weve been dug meat for months (bar two good performances against Dundee United). 

The thought of watching Crawford on the wing is already getting me raging. I’ll probably have something taped to watch in the case of that happening.

I’d go: 

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller Kerr Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams,  Docherty, Crawford, Cadden, Hilton

There must be something else on telly on a tuesday night. Corrie, Emmerdale, a leaf getting blown off a tree. 
Anything would be better than seeing Daniel Harive and Robbie Crawford on the same wing. 
The SFA should be shot for this being aired for us to suffer. 

Settle petal

Not Crawford’s fault he’s being played out of position and Harvie hasn’t been as bad as you’ve made him out to be.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

This is a disaster

Who’s going to balance out my glowing positivity now?

I wouldn’t worry too much. If Crawford ever starts on the wing again I’ll probably be calling for McCall to go. There’s only so much more of that I can take. 

I wouldn’t worry too much. If Crawford ever starts on the wing again I’ll probably be calling for McCall to go. There’s only so much more of that I can take. 

Yassss

Can’t wait for Tuesday night when the line ups are announced.

He was dug meat yesterday.

He wasn’t the only one. I agree he was poor but not as poor as he was last week and he’s started to get singled out because he’s been poor for a few weeks.
Like to see Miller start this one, looked quite zippy when he came on yesterday, with McDaid on the other wing.Not sure who he'll play  beside Murdoch, assume yesterdays team was decided with one eye on Tuesday.

I agree on Miller and McDaid. Miller looked good when he came on and McDaid has a habit of flicking a switch when the TV cameras are on him.

I think he’ll go with Docherty next to Murdoch although if Kerr is up to it I’d play him. Imo it’s no coincidence we’ve had such poor results (Dundee United aside) whilst he’s been out.

Hotel booked so guess I'll go, Ross County will batter us though.  

Would take Bell out as he hasn't been particularly good for a while and it feels like he is just being fitted into the team Geggan style, Crawford too.   Miller and Kerr in for them. 

LINEUP111551050747971.png

5 hours ago, yoda said:

County could effectively kill off Ayr United's title challenge in this one. Or they could lose the nice wee cushion that was established yesterday. 

After yesterday's second half, it's difficult to justify dropping anyone but on yesterday's first half I'd have expected a few changes. Presumably Draper is injured (or rested?) so I assume he'll be absent for this one, which I think is a real loss - despite the second half performances of Spence/Lindsay. Boyle will be out, so Grivosti in at CB? 

I think matching up against Ayr's midfield 4 might not be the best idea and would rather see County go some variation on a 4-5-1 but SK/SF appear to have the Adams trait of not changing a winning team. Hopefully Armstrong gets some game time, and Paton too. 

The first of three home games in a row: I'd take a draw at the moment.

Think Semple could come in for Boyle. Has played three times against Ayr this season for Queens and been excellent.....

He is certainly a CB Shankland has found difficult to play against.

34 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hotel booked so guess I'll go, Ross County will batter us though.  

Would take Bell out as he hasn't been particularly good for a while and it feels like he is just being fitted into the team Geggan style, Crawford too.   Miller and Kerr in for them. 

LINEUP111551050747971.png

^Correct lineup.

Archived