Ross County vs Ayr United: Tuesday 26th

What a game!

Two teams that went for it- always good to see, both had opportunities we deserved it over the piece with the Ayr keeper having a great game.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gardyne  has absolutely ripped the p—-out us the night the difference between the teams and our defending oh my god gift wrapped three points. And so the slide continues never mind McCall will be on to tell us he can’t criticise these boys due to there efforts.

Can't argue too much, great spirit from United, but county are a quality team.

I'm not having anyone slating Robbie Crawford after that though, he was clearly one of our best players.

Kerr adds something else, but he gave the ball away badly for the second county goal.

Miller was tremendous, harvie and cadden still very, very questionable.

Brilliant game, and well played county.

Chucking Adams into a top of the table clash when he only trains part time and hasn’t played for over 3 months was a crazy decision.  Rose needs to be dropped as his heart, perhaps understandably, clearly isn’t in it anymore.  If Geggan was fit, I’d swap Smith to left back.

Should have taken something out of the game with what we put into the second half but don't deserve it on the basis of that bombscare defence.

Bye bye league, been kidding ourselves for weeks that we were still in the fight.

Gardyne  has absolutely ripped the p—-out us the night the difference between the teams and our defending oh my god gift wrapped three points. And so the slide continues never mind McCall will be on to tell us he can’t criticise these boys due to there efforts.

The first goal was poor but you can’t argue with the second and the third has come from a superb save that’s landed right at McKay.

Think you need to go away and have a lie down.

Showed some heart in the second half but all at sea defensively. Deserved win for county. Doohan definitely at fault for the first goal imo, but redeemed with some of the great saves he made. The wheels fell off weeks ago and we've been poor ever since.
Well done to everyone that travelled up, shame it was a midweek could have got far more visiting.

In all honesty I don't even fancy us to make the playoffs, I knew we'd show a wee bit going forward as the cameras were there but we've not got the stomach for this over 36 games.

Hopefully they prove me wrong but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

In all honesty I don't even fancy us to make the playoffs, I knew we'd show a wee bit going forward as the cameras were there but we've not got the stomach for this over 36 games.

Hopefully they prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Calm yourself.

The title’s gone but we’re 9 points clear of 5th with a much better goal difference. Given how much 5-10th are slitting one another’s throats it would take something pretty spectacular for 2 of ICT, Dunfermline, Morton and Queen of the South to overtake us.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The first goal was poor but you can’t argue with the second and the third has come from a superb save that’s landed right at McKay.

Think you need to go away and have a lie down.

Load of pish.  We’ve stood off the boy at the edge of our own box.  Once again we see the problem with Adams and Rose as a partnership - whenever we come under pressure they drop too deep.  Neither one of them has a clue positionally.  Haven’t seen enough of Muirhead to really judge, but Bell remains the only defender we have who is remotely capable of organising the defence.  The 3rd is just Groundhog Day for me.  We haven’t been able to defend set pieces for 2 seasons.  In fairness to Adams, it was asking far too much to chuck him straight into such a big game.

Phew

Fantastic result!

I didn't manage to see the game but it seems County could have won by more but it had 3-3 written all over it the way the game went,so feeling pretty relieved that we got the 3 points.

It's a shame Caley couldn't have held on for a draw or snatched a win at tannadice but i guess that would have been asking a lot! Looking in a strong position though and hopefully the injuries aren't too serious :unsure:

Have a word, mate.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Calm yourself.

The title’s gone but we’re 9 points clear of 5th with a much better goal difference. Given how much 5-10th are slitting one another’s throats it would take something pretty spectacular for 2 of ICT, Dunfermline, Morton and Queen of the South to overtake us.

No, it just takes 2 of them to have a decent run, we've done next to nothing in recent months.

Load of pish.  We’ve stood off the boy at the edge of our own box.  Once again we see the problem with Adams and Rose as a partnership - whenever we come under pressure they drop too deep.  Neither one of them has a clue positionally.  Haven’t seen enough of Muirhead to really judge, but Bell remains the only defender we have who is remotely capable of organising the defence.  The 3rd is just Groundhog Day for me.  We haven’t been able to defend set pieces for 2 seasons.  In fairness to Adams, it was asking far too much to chuck him straight into such a big game.

Adams and Rose don’t work? The same partnership that started the season and were pretty strong until Adams got injured? You’re way off the mark with that one.

An entertaining game of football tonight.

1st half was dire, lets be honest we could've been 4 or 5 down by half time.

2nd half, we picked it up a good bit and really came into it, but if all honesty it probably wasn't enough to get something, i know we couldn't do a thing about the 2nd goal but we should be a bit more resilient for the 3rd, to concede right after is very poor, and a stupid tackle from kerr. Great to see Shankland getting a goal, took it really well. 

Overall, that's us out of the league, the better team with better players won tonight.  

Archived