Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Celtic's next permanent manager will be?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Moomintroll
You might be correct on both counts but he's definitely the best candidate by a distance in and around Scottish football.
Unusually for an Ayr fan, I hope he stays at Rugby Park, he's doing a fine job and helps keep a wee bit of pressure on us to get our shit together.
Aw shucks y'all get promoted now, you hear me.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Bain fell up the ladder. 

Would they take Lennon? especially under the incredible dubious circumstances in which he "left by mutual consent".

To be fair, he probably wouldn't call Lawwell a fucking clueless dyke.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
You might be correct on both counts but he's definitely the best candidate by a distance in and around Scottish football.
Unusually for an Ayr fan, I hope he stays at Rugby Park, he's doing a fine job and helps keep a wee bit of pressure on us to get our shit together.

Aw shucks y'all get promoted now, you hear me.

There will be another 10 Ayr fans along shortly to blow the harmony to bits.

Guest Moomintroll
Sorry I cant help it, there's another 10 Ayr fans?? I deserve what happens next.

On 24/02/2019 at 18:23, The Saintee said:

Frank MacAvennie with Charlie Nicholas as his assistant.

Jonathan Watson will be hoping for this one as it means his impressions will no longer be twenty years out of date

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Sorry I cant help it, there's another 10 Ayr fans?? I deserve what happens next.

Fortunately they're all to busy fretting over Robbie Crawford starting tonight.

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

Would a successful manager at a European level want to manage Celtic though?

I can, but I conded that probably depends on your definition of success, and the recency of it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Carlo Ancelotti is suddenly going to rock up at Parkhead - but despite his limitations, Brenda was a bigger name than I could imagine them attracting when he arrived in 2016. 

The other aspect that I think might play a part is that there will be a lot I'm sure at Parkhead who, despite the guy's lack of experience and success thus far, bitterly resent the fact that the biggest NAME in Scottish football currently resides in the manager's office at Ibrox.  That's another reason I can't see them nicking the manager from "plucky Kilmarnock".

You wouldn't imagine it'd be a job many managers would want. The maximum he could possibly achieve (domestic supremacy) would also be the absolute bare minimum the fans would demand.

Mourinho would be a laugh though, watching Celtic grind out 1-0 wins over the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren week after week. It's a ready-made environment for his particular brand of siege mentality psychology.