Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Celtic's next permanent manager will be?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mad that some people just manage to fall up the career ladder at times. Lennon looks a shoe-in.

Why? Stevie Clarke is head and shoulders above Lennon IMHO.

Guest Moomintroll
We now know, definitively, "who ate all the pies?"
He actually has the cheek to go to my gym, if you knew how fat I was then you would realise just how much he is taking the piss by going there.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He is, but the rumours are all pointing to Lennon being almost a done deal.

3 minutes ago, OSP said:

Only temporary until the end of the season apparently.

That might make sense to Celtic as they are renowned for their tight-arsedness. 

I can't see Steve Clarke choosing to go to Celtic, and if I'm honest I can't see Celtic approaching him.  He's never had a European tie as a manager, and while I think that's a style of football that would be absolutely perfect for him, I think Celtic will go for someone with a proven track record of success in European competition.

The other option I can imagine them going for at Parkhead is David Wagner.  A manager with inside knowledge of a top European club, but also with a proven track record of getting a club to punch above its weight - which is what's required at Celtic to get them out the rut they're in in Europe.

Like above posters, I don't see anyone coming in at this stage in the season.  Lenny to come in, lose in the cup at Hibs, win the league, be relentlessly touted by Radio Scotland for months before the locks on the dressing room are suddenly changed around mid June.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He is, but the rumours are all pointing to Lennon being almost a done deal.

Was this all set up a month ago? Just waiting for Celtic to go out of Europe?

eta   I didn't vote as Stevie G wasn't on the list.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Guest Moomintroll
I can't see Steve Clarke choosing to go to Celtic, and if I'm honest I can't see Celtic approaching him.  He's never had a European tie as a manager, and while I think that's a style of football that would be absolutely perfect for him, I think Celtic will go for someone with a proven track record of success in European competition.
The other option I can imagine them going for at Parkhead is David Wagner.  A manager with inside knowledge of a top European club, but also with a proven track record of getting a club to punch above its weight - which is what's required at Celtic to get them out the rut they're in in Europe.
Like above posters, I don't see anyone coming in at this stage in the season.  Lenny to come in, lose in the cup at Hibs, win the league, be relentlessly touted by Radio Scotland for months before the locks on the dressing room are suddenly changed around mid June.
Really hope that doesn't happen. Would hate to see them employ a competent Manager with zero prejudices. At the same time he would want to spend some money so Uncle Peter would never allow his bonus to be threatened in any way so it's all good.

17 minutes ago, Estragon said:

You might be correct on both counts but he's definitely the best candidate by a distance in and around Scottish football.

Unusually for an Ayr fan, I hope he stays at Rugby Park, he's doing a fine job and helps keep a wee bit of pressure on us to get our shit together.

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mad that some people just manage to fall up the career ladder at times. Lennon looks a shoe-in.

Bain fell up the ladder. 

Would they take Lennon? especially under the incredible dubious circumstances in which he "left by mutual consent".