Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Celtic's next permanent manager will be?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

The benchmark will always be Larsson. Stay far longer than you should, move to the best team in the world and wait until the end of the season. 

That's not the benchmark, that's the high watermark.  To confuse the two leads to disappointment while devaluing what has gone before.

On 24/02/2019 at 23:28, Lofarl said:

Decent shout for Arlene.  Celtic will be keen to appoint a female manager.  It’s the type of progressive ideas they pretend to have.

77B433E4-F1CC-4903-8AF0-FC3D14A53E6B.png

Gerry Adams longer odds than Terry Butcher :lol:

Aye right. Martin McGuiness would get the job before 'El Tel'.

1 minute ago, akuram said:

If he leaves for Leicester then he is only doing it for the money as at Celtic he has the best and easiest job because what opposition do they really have because of their finances etc.
Probably last a year?

I don't believe you actually think the Celtic job is the ‘best and easiest’ given all the expectancy and harassment that comes with it. Given we struggled in the past we have failed to get anybody of note before Rodgers proves my point.

4 minutes ago, akuram said:

If he leaves for Leicester then he is only doing it for the money as at Celtic he has the best and easiest job because what opposition do they really have because of their finances etc.
Probably last a year?

Leicester's owners are still a bit deluded when it comes to how good they are.  They are still thinking that they are a club that can compete at the top so keep sacking managers who guide them to mid-table, where realistically they should be so Brendan will have a tough job.  Will see how it goes and I will be pulling for him to do well

Just now, senorsoupe said:

Leicester's owners are still a bit deluded when it comes to how good they are.  They are still thinking that they are a club that can compete at the top so keep sacking managers who guide them to mid-table, where realistically they should be so Brendan will have a tough job.  Will see how it goes and I will be pulling for him to do well

Given  that the main owner has only just passed as well we have yet to really see his sons intentions for the club as well.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don't believe you actually think the Celtic job is the ‘best and easiest’ given all the expectancy and harassment that comes with it. Given we struggled in the past we have failed to get anybody of note before Rodgers proves my point.

Alternatively it proves the point that the Celtic board don't like the thought of spending money on big name managers - especially when there was nobody in the league who could get close to them financially.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Alternatively it proves the point that the Celtic board don't like the thought of spending money on big name managers - especially when there was nobody in the league who could get close to them financially.

They dont like spending full stop, Keane was offered less than he was as Aston Villa manager who were struggling financially. How many professional clubs our size have the chief exec earning way more than the manager and alot of first team player at times? Just shows the type of self serving board you are up against.