Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Celtic's next permanent manager will be?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

You wouldn't imagine it'd be a job many managers would want.

To get a big money move down south. Like the players who come as a stepping stone to the English Premiership, like... Brendan. Would love Clarke but can't see him wanting it.

Guest Moomintroll
Steve Clarke taking over, winning the league and then 10 in a row would be peak banter years stuff.
F**k off you, I will actually have a chortle if that happens & he pisses off back down South afterwards giving the vees to all and sundry.

Just now, Guts said:

To get a big money move down south. Like the players who come as a stepping stone to the English Premiership, like... Brendan. Would love Clarke but can't see him wanting it.

I'm not so sure English Premiership clubs would consider winning everything in Scotland with the only Scottish club who have any money as that much of an achievement. Rodgers used to manage Liverpool, now he's going to Leicester - not exactly an upward spiral.

1 minute ago, nsr said:

I'm not so sure English Premiership clubs would consider winning everything in Scotland with the only Scottish club who have any money as that much of an achievement. Rodgers used to manage Liverpool, now he's going to Leicester - not exactly an upward spiral.

Leicester have won the Premier League, though...

Just now, nsr said:

Let's be fair though he hasn't just won things here he's transformed the performance levels of the club and set a few incredible records into the bargain.

Just now, Estragon said:

English top flight titles in the last 28 years;

Leicester City            1

Liverpool                      0

Just now, IainMorton said:

Leicester have won the Premier League, though...

:lol: Fair point.

4 minutes ago, nsr said:

Even if it was a manager who wanted to try and get back in at Championship level down there then some would be interested. I see the point you are making though.

16 minutes ago, nsr said:

You wouldn't imagine it'd be a job many managers would want. The maximum he could possibly achieve (domestic supremacy) would also be the absolute bare minimum the fans would demand.

Mourinho would be a laugh though, watching Celtic grind out 1-0 wins over the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren week after week. It's a ready-made environment for his particular brand of siege mentality psychology.

Grind out results against Hamilton and St Mirren this from a Motherwell supporter :lol: Got to be post of the year :lol:

26 minutes ago, nsr said:

You wouldn't imagine it'd be a job many managers would want. The maximum he could possibly achieve (domestic supremacy) would also be the absolute bare minimum the fans would demand.

If someone comes in on the back of Celtic winning the league this year, then goes on to achieve 9IAR and 10IAR, they will be considered by the fans as one of the club's greatest ever managers.

That's regardless of starting their tenure with a big advantage, and regardless of success or otherwise in European and other domestic competitions. The validation-by-numbers thinking is incredibly powerful for fans of both cheeks, as seen by the absolute fetishization of Going For 1 55.

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Jackie Macanamararara not on the list? He could earn himself a good few quid. 

I remember once I a poster who was inexplicably banned from P&B for a short while drew  Jackie Jackmamarra on the Misspelt Footballers thread.  Unfortunately it disappeared when I poster who was inexplicably banned from P&B for a short while was culled.

On the plus side, Im off into the Misspelt Footballers thread for a reminisce.