BBC Scotland

Enigma

Folk were always going to slate the new channel - but from what I saw it was pretty good.

As long as they keep the original content going, rather than relying too much on repeats.

Some of it will be shite, but that's always going to be the case when you're giving folk a chance on TV.

2 hours ago, RosspCfc said:

Reeked of the BBC trying to show how shite Scotland is when we do our own thing.

I'd say I enjoyed it more than a typical night sitting down to watch BBC1 for 5 hours (which happens almost never now anyway) so if that was the intention they failed with me.

I get the feeling this channel will be a bit like STV was back when they had a budget to make programmes other than news.  That is a positive step in my book.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I see they have a load of Championship games on, but none from the more important lower divisions. Any chance they might have the lower league playoffs on? BT never bother showing them. 

I've always thought there'd be an audience for the Highland/Lowland play off and the subsequent game against the team bottom of League 2 yet no-one has ever picked it up (I thought it'd be right up Alba's street).  I'd watch it.

Quick thoughts on the channel's launch.

Night at the Theatre one - Meh bit forced Iain Stirling kidding on he is Kevin Bridges.

Still Game - didn't think it as bad as some folk are saying but still a pale imitation of its former self.

Burnistoun - aye was alright. Funnier than still game. Paint sketch was tremendous.

Nae Parasan. Was an incredible film. Well worth a watch.

Very much depends on the programme it seems. Reeked of the BBC trying to show how shite Scotland is when we do our own thing.

Aye it's England's fault we are shite

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The Nine is going to be so absolutely dreadful. What an appalling waste of resources. Also I wonder how long it will take for it to be the same propaganda we get on all other BBC news?

Dearie me, the utter state of that. Still utterly seething over their misguided belief that Jackie Bird won the referendum for the No campaign as opposed to the SNP making a total clusterfuck of their economic policies and currency  post independence.

Posters like this are why the momentum wont shift, still stuck in the past and blaming everyone else rather than looking to the future and seeing where apposite positive changes can be made.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The Nine is going to be so absolutely dreadful. What an appalling waste of resources. Also I wonder how long it will take for it to be the same propaganda we get on all other BBC news?

I really wish people would understand that just because the news broadcasts something you don't agree with, it's not propaganda.

As said in the previous post, this kind of paranoid nonsense is what alienates the "middle ground" in the independence debate. And that's precisely who needs to be won over.

You understand that the news is about so much more than just the independence referendum? That it reports on world wide events?

I never even mentioned the independence referendum.

P.S. If anyone votes no because a guy on a football site said the news is shite then no debating will change that person's views.

Edited by DA Baracus

Starting off with with the lovely Lauren Mayberry and the SSO was a winner for me.   

That took care of the first three minutes - whether it ever reaches those heights again?  Well I'm counting on The Terrace lads to do it, due to never being a Still Game or Burnisotun fan (do like Two Doors Down though and loved Chewin the Fat in its day, so not totally anti-weegie comedy). However, that People's News was a toe-curling aberration.