BBC Scotland

Enigma

I caught the last 10minutes or so of a documentary a few weeks ago on people going out in Scotland, ranging from dance halls to nightclubs including The Hitman and Her in Brechin. Looked quite entertaining but can't find it on catch up. Anyone know what it's called or see it?
Was on tonight too. Think it was "Scotland's big night out" from memory

Is that the thing presented by Iain Stirling? It was on at Hogmanay a couple of years back. Seem to remember it included 1950s TV footage of a journalist calling men getting their haircut jessies, as well as some horrendous 1970s dish involving bananas and cheese or some other equally ridiculous combination.

Is that the thing presented by Iain Stirling? It was on at Hogmanay a couple of years back. Seem to remember it included 1950s TV footage of a journalist calling men getting their haircut jessies, as well as some horrendous 1970s dish involving bananas and cheese or some other equally ridiculous combination.

No. BBC Scotland began broadcasting in February 2019.

It was.

15 hours ago, Stu said:

People I don't like for multiple reasons thread for this pish.

On 22/04/2019 at 21:26, MixuFixit said:

1 month later and this:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/bbc-scotland-fears-nine-viewing-14439240

suggests things are going about how I thought they would.

How do they tell how many viewers are watching their programmes?

I must admit the only times I’ve watched it have been for A View From The Terrace and I also watched the Morton v Partick Thistle game.

20 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

How do they tell how many viewers are watching their programmes?

I must admit the only times I’ve watched it have been for A View From The Terrace and I also watched the Morton v Partick Thistle game.

BARB has all the figures for the top 15 shows on the channel each week. I imagine the BBC will keep their own private stats. Figures for the 23rd-29th December

image.thumb.png.3b673aecd2ced821dcdf828758ce3e13.png

Barb figures are from a sample of viewers who log what they're watching. My other half was approached when she bought her flat to be a sample house. They installed a box and and we had to add ourselves as viewers; records age and sex too for a break down of stats. We worked out that we accounted for something like 30-40k people each I think.

19 minutes ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

Barb figures are from a sample of viewers who log what they're watching. My other half was approached when she bought her flat to be a sample house. They installed a box and and we had to add ourselves as viewers; records age and sex too for a break down of stats. We worked out that we accounted for something like 30-40k people each I think.

So if they gave me a box they’d think everyone was watching A View From The Terrace.

I wonder how accurate their figures are? Measuring The number of times a programme is watched on iPlayer seems accurate. Having a stab at what people are watching on something with as (I assume) low viewing figures as BBC Scotland, has me doubting accuracy.

Edited by Scary Bear

10 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Second part is on tonight

I know they were convicted but there was not a shred of evidence, forensic or otherwise to prove they did it, mostly I think they did because it is just so odd that she wasn't seen for 17 years but, that seemed to be the sole 'evidence' that convicted them, I.e it was the only plausible explanation. 

I know they were convicted but there was not a shred of evidence, forensic or otherwise to prove they did it, mostly I think they did because it is just so odd that she wasn't seen for 17 years but, that seemed to be the sole 'evidence' that convicted them, I.e it was the only plausible explanation. 
It was the complete pish he spouted throughout, especially about "gangmasters in Poland" & the letters from the Millennium Dome, which I thought nailed them. Their lies just got bigger & bigger. This was a young girl with learning difficulties, backed by character witnesses from her time in education.
He was a completely domineering figure, that wouldn't let his partner speak. She knew what had happened, but will never reveal what actually went on.
If they'd said they hadn't seen her since 1999, from the beginning, & hadn't a clue where she was. They'd probably only have got done for the fraud, if they'd admitted it!
One thing I picked up on, was reference to him diving for part of his working life. What would be the chances of the body being at the bottom of the Clyde? It's deep enough to accommodate nuclear sub's!