BBC Scotland

Enigma

So there’s a new exclusively Scottish BBC TV channel starting, what’s this going to be like then? I hate to say from what I’ve read my hopes aren’t all that high. Looks more like BBC Glasgow to me. The news is probably needed, the ‘England & Wales’ news items (sometimes headline) on the main BBC news are irrelevant to the audience up here so it’s good there is now an alternative to that.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

It'll fail just like STV Glasgow and Edinburgh failed. The difference is STV probably hoped those might work out, I'm sure the BBC will be popping champagne once this intentionally stunted channel fails.

STV 2 (as it eventually became) failed because STV barely has enough programmes (and budget for that matter) for one channel. That’s why there’s fewer and fewer opt-outs from the ITV network.

This new channel is effectively a replacement for opt-outs on BBC2, but in HD. 

If that's going to be the new regular time and not just because it's the Scottish Cup next weekend then fair play to BBC Scotland for somehow managing to make  it even later before they show the weekend's highlights.

Can't help but feel that some folk on the inside of the whole Scottish media world are getting massively over-excited about the new channel.  Over here in the real world, I've barely heard a thing about it.

It's like that new dawn when STV Glasgow and Edinburgh launched...and then it set in that their own programmes were rubbish and folk didn't want to watch 20 year old repeats of Taggart and Take the High Road.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You should all really be watching The People's News right now. 

If you thought the BBC was dumbing down before (it is), f**k me, you didn't have a clue

I’m watching it waiting for SG to come on. The accents almost make me embarrassed to be Scottish.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

If that's going to be the new regular time and not just because it's the Scottish Cup next weekend then fair play to BBC Scotland for somehow managing to make  it even later before they show the weekend's highlights.

BBC Scotland (the channel) doesn't start broadcasting until 7pm (it just shows BBC2 until then), so they couldn't go on at the old time.

11 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

The f**k is that?

5631A3BA-A8D4-4429-A9F0-BF922137E729.jpeg

Wids

11 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

The People's News- absolutely f**king embarrassing, interspersed with incredibly annoying music.

Cringe

The music clips were the best bit about it.