The Pre-El Collsico

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Pawlett sent off for a second yellow offence. Shockingly neither booking was for diving.

Didn’t see his first card but his second was stupid, that said he should have been off instead of McMullan.

Another good performance from Robson.

Delighted with the three points on what was a tight, tough game. 

Didn’t see his first card but his second was stupid, that said he should have been off instead of McMullan.
Delighted with the three points on what was a tight, tough game. 

Agreed I thought Robson was really good again. He’s definitely taking his chance.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That's encouraging to hear again. I did really like Robson back when he briefly got a chance under McNamara and then in the early days of McKinnon's tenure. It's just hard to remember that sometimes after his alarming regression under Laszlo and the off-the-field shite. 

Great win tonight but we really need to be scoring more. That's two out of the past 3 games we've won 1-0 courtesy of a penalty. We're leaving ourselves open to sucker-punches like Falkirk's equaliser on Saturday.

My Dad was raving on the phone to me about Connolly though. Said he had a fantastic game.

First couple of minutes, how is Trafford not booked for that foul on Pawlett? The referee set the pattern for the game, letting off some bookable challenges, a bit harsh with others, but got the penalty and Pawlett's sending off correct..... only if the first was a justifiable booking.

Robson has always been a good player, just been playing with poor team mates for a number of years, and battling with disruptions to his development. He's played under eight different managers at Tannadice.

10 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Whilst we aren't conceding many, 3 goals in 3 league games including 2 penalties is worrying.

Wins a win though.

I did a bit of digging last night, and it turns out United have scored more than two goals twice in the league this year. Given the talent in the squad, the lack of goals is a bit concerning.

Still, if we won every game 1-0 between now and the end of the season, I'm sure nobody would complain.

Archived