The Pre-El Collsico

So who would rather win this than the game a week Sunday?

Big game for both teams. United trying to claw back the gap at the top and potentially if we lose this we could be back in 5th by the time we play next in the league if Dunfermline win both games they play.

I know a lot of folk from the Championship teams seem to write off the Scottish Cup but at this stage it is a massive opportunity to get to the final, no matter the standard of opposition in the semi final, so do we both go full strength or will players be rested.

In our case we don't really have the squad to rotate and injuries today to McCart will mean Donaldson comes back in even though we are trying our best to give him a rest but it never seems to work.

My personal opinion is to rest players for next sunday. Even if we get in the playoffs we are not good enough to go up. Granted that also means we are not good enough to win the Scottish Cup but who doesn't want another day at Hampden where we could potentially cheat our way to another Final. Those Caley fans pulling all the players down in the box was a glorious thing to see.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer a win tonight over a cup QF win.  We aren't going to win the Scottish Cup so we need to focus on consolidating a play off spot, with a view to catching Ayr.

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

Heading straight down after finishing work. Any good chippies around the Tannadice area?

The one across the road from the East Stand is absolutely shite don't bother with it. Jamie's Chippy at the top of Arklay Street is decent and if you want to venture a wee bit further go to Frankies Fish Shack, it's about 10 mins drive from Tannadice.  If you do go give plenty of time as they cook fresh and tend to have a queue. 

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

Jamie's Chippy sounds like a winner. Should have time to pop in before dumping the car in the car park at Catherine Street. Cheers!

If you are dropping the motor there you would be as well going to the Chippy which is on Dura Street across from it. Used to be called Dora's but its the stobswell Chippy now I think. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

If you are dropping the motor there you would be as well going to the Chippy which is on Dura Street across from it. Used to be called Dora's but its the stobswell Chippy now I think. 

Cheers will check it out :)

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'd prefer a win tonight over a cup QF win.  We aren't going to win the Scottish Cup so we need to focus on consolidating a play off spot, with a view to catching Ayr.

I'd like another trip to Hampden and the dosh that goes with it. Even if we catch Ayr all it means is home advantage in the second leg, no? And we're shite at home.

Archived