Larkhall Thistle - 3rd bottom in two weeks time?

The real Dembele

Maybe I'm getting carried away by our run now standing at Draw Win Win in the last three games but...

Our next two fixtures are home to Girvan and home to Craigmark, both winnable games in our current form. Kello's next two games are home to Irvine Vics and away to Darvel, Girvan are at Irvine Vics the week after they play us. I would expect Darvel to beat Kello at home so it comes down to what Irvine Vics do against the two of them, if they win both games we will be third bottom if we win our two.

That would leave Larkhall 13 points, Girvan 12 points, Kello 10 points.

If that all came about, Craigmark would be next in our sights, they play Glencairn away next week and then us so they would only be 4 points in front assuming Glens beat them.

A lot of ifs and buts but a situation that is realistically possible and one that nobody could have seen even a month ago.

Maybe I'm getting carried away by our run now standing at Draw Win Win in the last three games but...
Our next two fixtures are home to Girvan and home to Craigmark, both winnable games in our current form. Kello's next two games are home to Irvine Vics and away to Darvel, Girvan are at Irvine Vics the week after they play us. I would expect Darvel to beat Kello at home so it comes down to what Irvine Vics do against the two of them, if they win both games we will be third bottom if we win our two.
If that all came about, Craigmark would be next in our sights, they play Glencairn away next week and then us so they would only be 4 points in front assuming Glens beat them.
A lot of ifs and buts but a situation that is realistically possible and one that nobody could have seen even a month ago.

We have 7 home games left and 3 away,who knows,but as I said months ago we will turn things around,things are looking up on and off the park and all the people connected to Larkhall Thistle should be complemented,because they all work tirelessly for the club

2 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

Go for it.

Guest Moomintroll

Good luck to you, after the miserable times you have endured this season it is great to see the team turn the corner. Would be incredible if they did manage to escape relegation.

11 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

Our next two fixtures are home to Girvan and home to Craigmark, both winnable games in our current form. Kello's next two games are home to Irvine Vics and away to Darvel, Girvan are at Irvine Vics the wThe eek after they play us. I would expect Darvel to beat Kello at home so it comes down to what Irvine Vics do against the two of them, if they win both games we will be third bottom if we win our two.

So many home games is a great cause for optimism. The Candy boys wont be so confident now of their first Gasworks win.

If we do, itll be the greatest comeback ever- Lazarus hasnt a look-in.

If Stalag Luft 14 had been full of Larky boys, all of them would have been in the Village Tavern by Sunday night

Guest Mick Kennedy

Hope yous manage to stay up. Have trained beside colville fir a number of years. Good club, run by really committed good people, momentum is everything in football. All the best 

3 hours ago, larkyforever said:

So many home games is a great cause for optimism. The Candy boys wont be so confident now of their first Gasworks win.

If we do, itll be the greatest comeback ever- Lazarus hasnt a look-in.

If Stalag Luft 14 had been full of Larky boys, all of them would have been in the Village Tavern by Sunday night,then travelled right back to Germany on the Monday morning.

Ftfy bud. Good to see that all it took to prevent the 175 ft. heeder was a draw and two wins. Now just keep this thread upbeat and keep believing....there'll be no relegation at Larky this season!  :thumsup2

On 2/24/2019 at 12:30, tommyboy said:

Ftfy bud. Good to see that all it took to prevent the 175 ft. heeder was a draw and two wins. Now just keep this thread upbeat and keep believing....there'll be no relegation at Larky this season!  :thumsup2

Technically 163 feet, I was going to aim for the rocks

1 hour ago, larkyforever said:

Technically 163 feet, I was going to aim for the rocks

Your mention of the rocks somehow brought the clip below ...particularly the 'rescue' part.. to mind,bud. Anyhoo,good to see that the lachrymose larky has left,to be replaced by the new Larky Lite.

Keep it upbeat and watch your team climb the league!:)

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Still confident but not as confident as I was earlier in the season lol

Good luck guys would be fantastic if you managed to stay up

When you played us the last time you were obviously the better team by far but the Thistle team now really is night and day from that game. Although a lot of the players are the same the new management is getting so much more out of them, some of them looked like they had their boots on the wrong feet before but now look like decent players.

It will be interesting to see how long this run goes for before we play you.

Not predicting a home win just yet but as you are getting less confident we are getting a bit more positive about the outcome.

When you played us the last time you were obviously the better team by far but the Thistle team now really is night and day from that game. Although a lot of the players ae the same the new management is getting so much more out of them, some of them looked like they had their boots on the wrong feet before but now look like decent players.
It will be interesting to see how long this run goes for before we play you.
Not predicting a home win just yet but as you are getting less confident we are getting a bit more positive about the outcome.
Huge improvement in recent weeks by all accounts .
Game at the Roch was a mismatch tbh but expecting a far tougher game now

Great to see some positivity at Larkhall again. No offense to the others down there, but what a story it would be if you escaped.

Realistically, the odds are still stacked against you, but even if you go down now, the improvement on the first half of the season is awesome. Well done.

Good to see the hard work starting to get rewards.  It wasn't nice seeing the young lads getting some of the heavy defeats they suffered .  Still enough games for them to pull off the great escape. Good luck to them.
Most of the young lads went back to the u19s,but it gave them good experience for the challenge ahead in their league,I think we signed 2 maybe 3 from the 19s who were too old to play for them,and one of them scored on Saturday,so yes things are looking up a wee bit,if we get a victory on Saturday against Girvan it would certainly fling the cat amongst the pigeons

Archived