Maybe time to give Largs some credit?

BL2

The 2010 team had "anti football" thrown at them every week, and on reflection it was somewhat justified. We ground out results but we were never good to watch despite being very consistent (getting to the ayrshire and west semi finals as well as a 5th place finish).

This team are far easier on the eye and have probably already scored more goals than our totals in 2010 or 2012. My only criticism is that we can be a bit boom and bust and when we dont click were on the receiving end of a doing. But that's to be expected of a team that always want to go for it regardless of the opposition

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 2010 team had "anti football" thrown at them every week, and on reflection it was somewhat justified. We ground out results but we were never good to watch despite being very consistent (getting to the ayrshire and west semi finals as well as a 5th place finish).

This team are far easier on the eye and have probably already scored more goals than our totals in 2010 or 2012. My only criticism is that we can be a bit boom and bust and when we dont click were on the receiving end of a doing. But that's to be expected of a team that always want to go for it regardless of the opposition
As if to prove my point....

3 minutes ago, BL2 said:
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 09:50, BL2 said:

As if to prove my point....

Earlier in the week I was going to come on and point out there had only been 2 pumpings all season but didn't want to temp fate.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, ex-german exile said:

Yes, congratulations Largs. Wasn't at today's match, but according to those who were Thistle were the better side so well done and good luck in the final.

Your a very good ambassador for your club. Always a decent poster even in defeat. Fair play. 

Largs were the better team. Hurlford were very poor. Continual lumps forward to no one.

Two stone wall penalties. Like the comment I heard from a Ford fan to his pal on the way out “it’ll be a new experience for them and Talbot will take 6 off them”. For that patronising comment alone, get it right up them.

Largs were the better team. Hurlford were very poor. Continual lumps forward to no one.

Two stone wall penalties. Like the comment I heard from a Ford fan to his pal on the way out “it’ll be a new experience for them and Talbot will take 6 off them”. For that patronising comment alone, get it right up them.

Hope the arsehole with the vuvuzela is gutted. Well done Largs, be great if you go on and win it. Congrats and enjoy the final, well deserved.

Took this game in as a neutral today and first half I thought was 50/50, second half Largs were the better and hungrier team, nicky Jamieson the number 5 who is going to queen's Park next season was immense and brave but the Largs number 8 Mark Miller in the centre of midfield is one of if not the best junior player I've saw all season, two footed, good bit of steel in his game and a cracking shot and delivery, he's a cracker. 

No doubt that Largs deserve their place in this season’s Scottish junior cup final. The full back pairing of Creag Little and Nicky Jamieson are IMO two of the best full backs in our league and are in the final on merit and I hope (no disrespect to Talbot) that Largs can go on and win it.

1 hour ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Took this game in as a neutral today and first half I thought was 50/50, second half Largs were the better and hungrier team, nicky Jamieson the number 5 who is going to queen's Park next season was immense and brave but the Largs number 8 Mark Miller in the centre of midfield is one of if not the best junior player I've saw all season, two footed, good bit of steel in his game and a cracking shot and delivery, he's a cracker. 

Well done to Largs...knew you could do it! Were Beith not playing today Hertha? :angel

After first game of season and a narrow win for Talbot, i said that Largs looked a good solid outfit that day so im not surprised that they beat Hurlford and anybody thinking Talbot will breeze the final should reconsider.This will be tough match to call.Ive heard Hamilton only holds 6-7 thousand, if my memory serves me right im sure Largs took a healthy support to finals in the past, and with Talbots usual 4K+ final support could it cause problems accomodating both sets of fans?

After first game of season and a narrow win for Talbot, i said that Largs looked a good solid outfit that day so im not surprised that they beat Hurlford and anybody thinking Talbot will breeze the final should reconsider.This will be tough match to call.Ive heard Hamilton only holds 6-7 thousand, if my memory serves me right im sure Largs took a healthy support to finals in the past, and with Talbots usual 4K+ final support could it cause problems accomodating both sets of fans?
6000 capacity will be more than ample.

1 hour ago, Redbrae said:

Well done to Largs...knew you could do it! Were Beith not playing today Hertha? :angel

Yes Beith drew 1-1 Kenny and just thought I would try something different today, woke up in a good mood and thought I don't hate every other junior team today so time to be a neutral at a game. :unsure2:

15 minutes ago, andy25 said:
58 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

6000 capacity will be more than ample.

692 at Barrfields last week and 670 at Blair Park today - I think you're right about the capacity being ample.

Archived