Maybe time to give Largs some credit?

BL2

The last 12-18 months have been weird as a Largs fan on here. Fans go into games expecting to beat us, dont, then blame themselves.

Arnie has moulded one of the best footballing teams to put on the jersey in the history of the club. Yes were a bit boom and bust, but were generally entertaining and more than value for money.

We've got a good chance of going all the way, and today showed that.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 12-18 months have been weird as a Largs fan on here. Fans go into games expecting to beat us, dont, then blame themselves.

Arnie has moulded one of the best footballing teams to put on the jersey in the history of the club. Yes were a bit boom and bust, but were generally entertaining and more than value for money.

Maybe that's just what you read on here. I certainly know that until Talbot pumped us in December that Largs were considered the best side we'd seen at Blair Park.

Definitely comparable with Beith and Clydebank based on our games this season.

Maybe that's just what you read on here. I certainly know that until Talbot pumped us in December that Largs were considered the best side we'd seen at Blair Park.

Definitely comparable with Beith and Clydebank based on our games this season.
Granted in here is a vacuum of nonsense. But looking at Twitter as well it always seems like we dont get the credit we deserve.

I think the game against you guys at Barrfields was maybe the best footballing contest I've seen this season. Two good teams

Well done to Largs today, but no sour grapes from Buffs.

Facts are Strain gifted you the first goal, soft penalty for the second, sending off of our goalkeeper, rookie goalkeeper paws a couple into the net, Boylan gets sent off. It all went for Largs today, but ad the saying goes you make your own luck.

Facts are Strain gifted you the first goal, soft penalty for the second, sending off of our goalkeeper, rookie goalkeeper paws a couple into the net, Boylan gets sent off. It all went for Largs today, but ad the saying goes you make your own luck.

The fourth goal he may have been able to paw into the net had he got anywhere near it.

The first half was fairly even but you didn't create anything. The catalogue of errors described above wouldn't have happened if we didn't chase everything and give you bother all day. But I'm sure you'll be back, I would advise against the knee jerk reaction to sack the manager

Always gave Largs respect. A great outfit, well run and looking like they have a decent well organised team.

Thought you were decent despite a spanking against us at Maryhill - 3 nil didnt really reflect the play.  Alternatively I thought we were better team at Barrfields despite the lightening start for Largs. My pal has watched you a few times and been impressed. Your game against Buffs yesterday sounded like our game against them. They did well but then lost the plot and imploded ... A good season nonetheless - fine young team if you can hold it together 

Ack I'm nae fussed if we're nae singing fae the rooftops about how good we are. That's asking for trouble, firstly, and we've been pretty effective winding our way through the cup contest somewhat underrated. A bit like 2010 - though can we go even further?

All we as Largs fans can do right now is prepare for the semis, whoever we face. I'm already looking forward to it, as you'd expect, and this time I'm delighted to be a full part of it. I was too young (aged four!) in 1994, was living in Aberdeen in 2010 and was ill with depression in 2012 (and the team we had did very well to get to the final four, frankly). I'm not one to go on about old glories, so no matter how this season's run ends I'm delighted just to witness it in the flesh.

Archived