Sons vs Rovers

I’ve not seen Barjonas play yet. Can’t he just be sent back? 

We’re struggling for numbers, which is about the only reason he’s worth keeping for. But then he likely has a clause that means he must start when fit. He’s shite.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I really do love McGlynn, a modern great for us. But Jesus Christ...goalkeepers I just don’t understand.

Chris Fahey, Michael Brown and Keiron Renton. What a disaster that was.

Once is fair enough but then to do exactly the same with McGurn and McNeil, and now here we are again with Thomson and Lyness. It’s just utterly bizarre. Aye come out and say we have 2 first choice keepers but don’t rotate them after every game John. 

Sorry I love you, but come on. 

100% this. I can’t remember ever seeing a team rotate goalkeepers on a weekly basis. It is completely bizarre and can’t be helping form any sort of defensive organisation.

Another lead thrown away, if we go on to lose this I’d make that 23 points dropped from winning positions this season. It will also mean we have been leading in every away defeat this season.

Hopefully turn it around second half, would be happy with a draw.

What did Thomson do wrong on Saturday to have been dropped? I don't even think Lyness did much wrong v arbroath to be dropped for him. Goalkeepers need a run of games to get up to scratch and that's forgetting the game time needed to form an understanding with the players in front of them. Awful management from mcglynn.

I actually have no idea what team we have out tonight though?

McGlynn was out of his depth in his first spell. 

Don't forget it took him 3 seasons to promote us. 

He was found out at every other club yet some fans were dawning over his return. 

He is an imposter of a manager. 

He has taken an average team and made it far worse. 

His record is honking. 

How many clean sheets have we kept since he arrived? 

1 minute ago, graeme_p said:

He was found out at every other club yet some fans were dawning over his return. 

He is an imposter of a manager. 

He has taken an average team and made it far worse. 

His record is honking. 

How many clean sheets have we kept since he arrived? 

McGlynn improved us every season until his last one. His first season he came into a dreadful squad who were 9th, second season lost out to a very good Ross County side. He improved us year on year. 

When he came in we were 9th in this league. He left us an established Championship side. 

I can understand criticism of this spell, but to say he was out of his depth first time is absolutely mental to be honest. 

He's starting to receive criticism for this spell in charge, and rightly so, but that doesn't undo everything he did in his first spell.
We went from a struggling in league 1 to a solid championship club in his time, with a Scottish Cup semi final and championship title challenge thrown in.

McGlynn left us at the right time during his first spell. Things had gone stale and it was time to move on. 

Sure, he annoyed us at times  (Simmons at left wing, the fucking goalkeepers!) But you can't say he was a failure here during his first spell. 

This current spell is undeniably awful, though. Anyone else would be under serious pressure with this record. 

58 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Arbroaths bench is

Greig Spence
Gavin Swankie
Steven Doris
Ryan McCord
Danny Denholm

Our bench

Craig McGuffie
Jamie Watson
James Berry
Kieron Bowie
Dave McKay

No wonder we’re miles off the pace this season emoji23.png

Still time to get loanees in . 

Mcglynn was awful the last time. I didn't enjoy watching a pretty awful team winning most weeks when we got to within 3 games of the premiership. I didn't enjoy us getting to a Scottish Cup semi final either. Just awful times to support this club tbh.

Archived