Sons vs Rovers

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

Are you guys likely to go part-time/hybrid in the summer if you don't get promotion?

We have several players signed up on full time deals that extends into next season, so I imagine there will be a full time element. 

I don't see how we can't entertain a mixture of the two to be honest.  Don't think we can afford to be all part or full time. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.raithrovers.net/38660/new-director-appointed-2.htm

Wonder if the plan is that his company SM Electrical will be the equivalent of C&G Systems at Dumbarton, and try to be in a position to attract the better Part-Time players by offering them supplementary employment if / when Raith go Part-Time. Or is his investment just to support the current loss making status-quo.

Could be interesting conversations in the Boardroom at tomorrow’s match.

No sure an electrical wholesale company will be in the same position to offer out jobs as C and G systems...

33 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We have several players signed up on full time deals that extends into next season, so I imagine there will be a full time element. 

I don't see how we can't entertain a mixture of the two to be honest.  Don't think we can afford to be all part or full time. 

I was listening to Danny Denholm's podcast the other day and the Raith hybrid was mentioned by Andy Munro and it didn't sound like it was a well liked system. Said the part time players never really felt part of it and it caused a bit of a divide in the team.  I understand results on the pitch were quite good through that period for Raith so it may well just be one guys opinion but I could understand why the part time guys might feel that way.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was listening to Danny Denholm's podcast the other day and the Raith hybrid was mentioned by Andy Munro and it didn't sound like it was a well liked system. Said the part time players never really felt part of it and it caused a bit of a divide in the team.  I understand results on the pitch were quite good through that period for Raith so it may well just be one guys opinion but I could understand why the part time guys might feel that way.

Yeah that's the downside to it, but there's only so many seasons we can throw money at being full time at this level. 

If we stay full time and are in this league it means starting the season with a significantly bigger squad than we started this season with, and I doubt we would have the cash to do that.  

Although if I remember right, the part time players were David Mcgurn, Mark Ferry, Mark Campbell and Dougie Hill - they were probably our biggest "team players" during that time. 

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The shortcomings of the hybrid system were cited as a contributing factor to the Jim Fallon horror season in the mid  90's.  I'm glad it's something we wouldn't consider re-implementing.

The shortcomings of the hybrid system were cited as a contributing factor to the Jim Fallon horror season in the mid  90's.  I'm glad it's something we wouldn't consider re-implementing.
Christ, we can barely afford part-time nevermind a hybrid. We're more likely to go quarter-time than introduce any sort of full-time staff.

Should be entertaining if nothing else. 66 goals in the last 18 meetings between the sides. Dumbarton have kept 1 clean sheet at home all season, we have kept 1 clean sheet away from home. Both sides scored 4 at the weekend.

Get your money on 0-0 then.

I agree but players such as Nisbet and Vaughan that signed contract extensions will have options to leave if Raith don’t get promoted this season. Surely there is no way their agents if they are any good at their jobs would have allowed them to sign without such a clause. Clearly Vaughan is unlikely to be exercising his option in the summer due to his injury situation, but Nisbet might well do. So the number of full-time players actually signed up for next season, when the time comes might not be as big as we think it is if we are still in League One. Just think of it from the players perspective, you have scored all these goals, so clubs at a higher level are offering more money and better prospects, what do you do? - leave as per Armstrong. Granted, we might well stay totally a full-time club for another season if the Board underwrite the costs, but that in itself still might not stop players leaving if a better offer comes in for them.

If we think of the bigger picture it really does come down to whether there is promotion anytime soon as to whether we remain Full-Time or go to some form of Part-Time model. As the wages Raith are able to offer as a full-time League One club severely restricts the quality of player they can attract, A pool that will keep decreasing and be more reliant on the murky and risky world of loan deals. Whereas in the Championship the quality of player is significantly better (we saw that for ourselves as players like Connolly, McManus, Craigen, etc. who we would love to have now, were all prepared to be squad players in the Championship rather than be regular starters in the predominantly part-time League One).

The other financial problem that affects Raith in League One is that we cannot (or are unwilling to) afford a reserve / youth coach, which all the evidence points to a slow-down in the progress of our young players. Quite rightly McGlynn and Smith are fully focused on the first team, but there is now no Easton, Ellis, Robertson, etc. around to give much needed development time to the younger ones, who a lot of the time are just left to their own devices. It is all very well the management saying the younger players are not ready, but what is being done to make them ready.

4 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Should be entertaining if nothing else. 66 goals in the last 18 meetings between the sides. Dumbarton have kept 1 clean sheet at home all season, we have kept 1 clean sheet away from home. Both sides scored 4 at the weekend.

Get your money on 0-0 then.

You are probably right. Thomas and Nesbit to get hat tricks in a 0-0 draw

Working very early and long hours tomorrow so I won't be making the (short'ish) trip. 

Shows how much of a fucking write off the season is until the play offs because in a title race situation I'd be well up for it and manfully battling through the tiredness and hangover after the 'couple before the game' inevitably escalated.

Hopefully a confidence building away win. But I'll no be holding my breath...

Any c**t that goes to this is in true super fan/mental terrain. 

I absolutely love midweek home games. Looking forward to this*.
Spoiler Until we concede after 23 seconds again

Had just taken the lid off my Bovril and got my arse on the seat...BOOM one nil Raith [emoji85][emoji23]

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Loy and Dyer both out with late tests for Perry and Russell. No mention of McLean in the preview, given his last club were abroad I'm assuming the delay there is International clearance, but hopefully he's added to the squad tonight.

I think it was mentioned on our thread, but I'm assuming we could use him as a trialist?

Given Carsy's clearance from Iceland took near enough a fortnight I'd assume things will be even slower from Brunei.

5 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I think it was mentioned on our thread, but I'm assuming we could use him as a trialist?

Given Carsy's clearance from Iceland took near enough a fortnight I'd assume things will be even slower from Brunei.

Trialists still need clearance, I believe.

Given that the Apache Army used to carry a Sultan of Brunei flag to every game I'm hoping our long standing ties stand us in good stead here for a quick clearance.

Archived