Sons vs Rovers

A midweek affair under the lights. Last time out at the Rock, Raith blew us away in a storming first half display that saw a fair few home fans heading for the exit at half time(me included).

5-4 Sons with DT scoring all ten!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite an important game to see if we can turn a corner and build some momentum going into the play offs or if it’s just going to be more of the same till May.

5 of our next 7 games are away so we really need to start improving that area. We have only won 2 of our last 7 on the road in the league which is pretty dreadful and we can abandon all hope for the play offs if that continues.

Dumbarton seem to have turned a corner and are scoring for fun. We will have to keep Thomas as quiet as possible which appears almost impossible at the moment. Will be a good test for our new look defence.

One for the Dumbarton fans, how reliant are you on Thomas? Is it all about how well he plays or are the likes of Gallagher, Forbes, Barr etc stepping up now?

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

One for the Dumbarton fans, how reliant are you on Thomas? Is it all about how well he plays or are the likes of Gallagher, Forbes, Barr etc stepping up now?

We're fucking excellent right through the team, and onto the bench, now.

Guaranteed home win, at a canter.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
25 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

These posts never come back to bite anyone on the arse. Ever.

I know, but I've never done one before. I feel it's my time. :lol:

I reckon we will drop points here. 

I'm not particularly bothered who we play in the playoffs and having watched Montrose yesterday I'd doubt we will me finishing outside the top 4, so hopefully we can use this time to put together some form and a system that works. 

Quite an important game to see if we can turn a corner and build some momentum going into the play offs or if it’s just going to be more of the same till May.
5 of our next 7 games are away so we really need to start improving that area. We have only won 2 of our last 7 on the road in the league which is pretty dreadful and we can abandon all hope for the play offs if that continues.
Dumbarton seem to have turned a corner and are scoring for fun. We will have to keep Thomas as quiet as possible which appears almost impossible at the moment. Will be a good test for our new look defence.
I'd say alot more of our team are stepping up to the plate now but I would not be confident of any kind of cutting edge without Thomas in the team tbh.

He is a cut above everyone else, whether that be running at the defence or shooting. Only Forbes has better passing and crossing ability imo.

We are very much reliant on Thomas but I wouldn't say we are a one man team, it's more just a case of the manager and the players knowing he's by far our best player and ensuring he gets the ball at any opportunity.

In the last month or so we've seen a few guys really up their games - Bobby Barr, Cammy Ballantyne, Stuart Carswell and even Calum Gallagher have kicked into life. Forbes may not stand out so much but he's scored 9 goals and has a fair few assists to his name. Craig Barr has played about 75 minutes of football in 5 months or something, although that did come on Saturday there so I'd expect him to start tomorrow.

The defence still worries me a bit. We look very weak when it comes to defending crosses and I still can't make my mind up about big Henk.

14 hours ago, grumswall said:
14 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

These posts never come back to bite anyone on the arse. Ever.

We’re the one team this rule doesn’t apply to.

We usually get a victory over Raith at some point in the season and we've not had one yet this year so hopefully it comes tomorrow night. We're in good form for the first time this season and I actually look forward to the game for once, how refreshing. Probably means a resounding humping with Kevin Nisbet scoring about 8 but we go in hope any way.

For any Raith fans coming tomorrow, I'm told you'll be allowed into the bar in the home end pre-match. Enter through the home turnstile and a steward will show you along to the away end about 10 minutes before kick off.

http://www.raithrovers.net/38660/new-director-appointed-2.htm

Wonder if the plan is that his company SM Electrical will be the equivalent of C&G Systems at Dumbarton, and try to be in a position to attract the better Part-Time players by offering them supplementary employment if / when Raith go Part-Time. Or is his investment just to support the current loss making status-quo.

Could be interesting conversations in the Boardroom at tomorrow’s match.

1 minute ago, chimney said:

http://www.raithrovers.net/38660/new-director-appointed-2.htm

Wonder if the plan is that his company SM Electrical will be the equivalent of C&G Systems at Dumbarton, and try to be in a position to attract the better Part-Time players by offering them supplementary employment if / when Raith go Part-Time. Or is his investment just to support the current loss making status-quo.

Could be interesting conversations in the Boardroom at tomorrow’s match.

Are you guys likely to go part-time/hybrid in the summer if you don't get promotion?

Archived